WT,DEC 1 2005,PP22-23;IS THIS AN INACCURATE STATEMENT?

by badboy 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

jgnat,

I've provided my case, several different ways. ... the overwhelming evidence of thriving, NON-BABYLONIAN and NON-ROMAN cultures during their heydey.

Aren't you side-stepping the issue, jgnat? You've ignored what I had asked of you, which was this:

What I'd like to know is, How can you be so sure of yourself? Upon whose word are you resting your belief? How dependable is that "word"? Can it be proven to be true? Please do tell. And please be specific in your answer.

But even if it is true that those other "cultures" did exist at the time Nebuchadnezzar ruled, Gumschizm's question then is: "Do you think because China existed BEFORE Babylon that it could not BECOME under the rule or authority of Babylon?"

Why are you not willing to address that question? With conviction you made the following statement:

You ... insist your Babylonian King MUST have dominated all empires of his day. When he clearly did not.

But how do you KNOW that? What is it that makes it so "clear" to you that some cultures escaped being under Nebuchadnezzar's jurisdiction? .

• Schizm
    Schizm
    and gumby my sweet, an adorable charicature, that. Anybody ever mail you cookies?

Why yes......do you need my address!!!!

*stomach starts growlin*

Gumby

Don't fall for it, Gumby--remember Snow White and the Witch's Apple. Whatever you do, Gumby, don't succumb--remember Joseph and Pontifor's Potiphar's Hussy. Don't do it, Gumby--remember Haman and Mordecai. And don't forget Nehemiah's Experience with Sanballat--do NOT go to the valley plain of Ono (pronounced "Oh no!" ).

Don't say that I haven't warned you!

• City Fan
    City Fan
    But how do you KNOW that? What is it that makes it so "clear" to you that some cultures escaped being under Nebuchadnezzar's jurisdiction?

I asked you before why did Nebuchadnezzar build the Median Wall. The answer was to keep the Medes out. The Babylonian records talk of conflicts with the Assyrians, Egyptians, Medes etc etc. Babylon only defeated Assyria with the help of the Medes. It is beyond obvious that Babylon was just one of several Near Eastern powers that were vying for power.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    How can you be so sure of yourself? Upon whose word are you resting your belief? How dependable is that "word"? Can it be proven to be true?

Because, Schizm, I am not relying on scholars or historical textbooks or meanings of words, but on monuments and constructions and contemporary accounts that still exist. Because China has a continuous recorded history, which they managed themselves, we know that they were conquered by the Mongols and they were not conquered by the Babylonians. Or the Romans.

• badboy
    badboy

amen,sister!

• gumby
    gumby

Jgnat It's ok Schizm, I'll shake my anti-poison juice at her.

• badboy
    badboy

SO NEBUCHAZZAR ordered messagers to go to China,any evidence for this?

• badboy
    badboy

SO DID ROMANS RULE PERSIA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit