WT,DEC 1 2005,PP22-23;IS THIS AN INACCURATE STATEMENT?

by badboy 147 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Proving a negative: Schizm, I'd like to inform you that leprechauns are REAL. Prove they're not.

As for other examples hyperbole in scripture,

• The number of sheep and oxen sacrificed at the dedication of Solomon's temple were said to be so many they could not be counted (1 Kings 8:5)..yet v. 63 tells exactly how many there were.
    • David was promised "length of days" "forever and ever" (Ps 21:4). David is dead.
    • No king will ever have as much wealth as Solomon (2 Chron 1:12).
    • Paul says that the Gospel (of Jesus) was preached "to every creature which is under heaven" (Col 1:23).

(http://www.tektonics.org/lp/packham02.html)

I imagine Schizm must be wearin' an eyepatch & typin' one-handed after reading Matt 5:29-30...

• gumby
    gumby

m,j.

thats an apostate site!

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I've challenged you in two areas. 1. Continuity of culture and literature. These other civilizations, Chinese and Mayan, (but there are hundreds of others) did not absorb any features of the Roman or Babylonian cultures; either in language, food, or any other feature. There are no monuments in these countries in the style of Babylon or Rome. -- jgnat.

And THAT is actually supposed to prove something?

2. Proof of existence pre-Babylonian. Their calendars go back before the Babylonians. This is certain, even if minor features are not.

Okay, lets suppose you're right about the Chinese peoples existing at the time of Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon. Why do you think it's impossible for them to have been under Babylon's jurisdiction? Oh, yeah, that's right, as you've already said: 'There are no Babylonian monuments etc. to be found in China'. What nonsense!

Since you're one who seems to place a lot of confidence in history and archaeology, here are a couple of items for you to consider:

http://www.livius.org/ct-cz/cyrus_I/babylon05.html#Cyrus

The image above is what is know as the Cyrus Cylinder, which is kept in the British Museum in London. It has Cyrus proclaiming himself to be ruler of the world: "I am Cyrus, king of the world." Notice that Cyrus didn't say that he was king over "part of the world". And then there is Cyrus' words as found in the Bible at Ezra 1:2. It reads this way: "All the kingdoms of the earth Jehovah ... has given me."

Now how about Assyria, was all the world subject to it's rule before Babylon took control? According to Sennacherib, the answer is yes. Archaeologists claim to have found Sennacherib's words inscribed upon a relief in his palace: "Sennacherib, king of the world, king of Assyria, sat upon a throne and passed in review the booty taken from Lachish."

Also, this hasn't been mentioned yet: With regards to Rome (the 4th beast), Daniel 7 says that it was to "devour all the earth and ... crush it."

So here we have both Biblical as well as secular testimony that attests to these governments as having exercised universal rule.

• startingover
    startingover

One thing you are not taking into consideration is the communication that existed at that time. We are used to being able to talk to someone anywhere in the world just by pushing a few buttons.

Do you think it's possible that they "thought" they ruled the whole world? Take away your phone, your TV, your modern modes of transportation and see how your world shrinks.

Also, is it your opinion that they believed the world was round at that time? I don't think they did.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Do you think it's possible that they "thought" they ruled the whole world?

Do you think it's possible that God also "thought" they ruled the whole world?

Like I mentioned above, the testimony comes from two different sources:

So here we have both Biblical as well as secular testimony that attests to these governments as having exercised universal rule.
  • gumby
    gumby

Well hi there Schizm......how was last Sundays watchtower study?

'There are no Babylonian monuments etc. to be found in China'. What nonsense!

I noticed the monuments were the ONLY thing you mentioned in gnatheads lists of proofs that the chinnese didn't even have the word Babylon or Nebuchanezar on their soil. Be real. Don't you REALLY think if these people were under the power, control, jurisdiction, or whatever.....they would have jotted it down somewhere.....I mean really?

It has Cyrus proclaiming himself to be ruler of the world: "I am Cyrus, king of the world."

Archaeologists claim to have found Sennacherib's words inscribed upon a relief in his palace: "Sennacherib, king of the world

You wanna know somethin Mr. Goofy?

When Ali beat Sonny Liston back in the 60's....before you were born, he labled himself the "greatest" and that he was "king of the world"!!!!! They even have recordings on tape, cd, photo's, television clips, eyewitness observers who live till this day ( myself included) that Ali (cassius clay back then), ...really said those words. So far, I haven't seen any writings where Ali was ACTUALLY ...the "King of the World." He was king of the ring ...just like nebuchadnezar was king over his little dirtpile in Babylon.

*btw....I heard nebuchadnezar was a cross dresser*

Gumby

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Well hi there Schizm......how was last Sundays watchtower study?

How many times do you have to hear me say that I don't go to meetings!

'There are no Babylonian monuments etc. to be found in China'. What nonsense!

I noticed the monuments were the ONLY thing you mentioned in gnatheads lists of proofs that the chinnese didn't even have the word Babylon or Nebuchanezar on their soil.

You're being dumb again, Gummy.

Don't you REALLY think if these people were under the power, control, jurisdiction, or whatever.....they would have jotted it down somewhere.....I mean really?

Not necessarily.

When Ali beat Sonny Liston back in the 60's....before you were born, he labled himself the "greatest" and that he was "king of the world"!!!!!

Which proves that you're not aware of the fact that I'm old enough to be your daddy.

Ali didn't lie, 'cause he actually was king in the world of boxing.

I just wish you'd quit being so dumb, son.

• Schizm
    Schizm

P.S. ----------

*btw....I heard nebuchadnezar was a cross dresser*

Gumby

That's nuthin', I heard that Gummy still wets the bed at night.

• gumby
    gumby

You can't be that old Schizm.....old bastards can't get up till about 10 or so. I figure by your speech and knowledge your 30- 40 something....more like 30 something, wear your pants up real snug clear to your belly button and you have camel toes, you have buck teeth and wear real black horned rim thick glasses and you try and grow a go-tee but you can't and have about 8 hairs on your unshaved chin. Am I close?

Gumby

• jgnat
    jgnat

Schizm

In more modern times, actor Leonardo DeCaprio and James Cameron declared themselves "King of the World". What's your point?

It's at about the same level of believability as your continued declarations of victory on this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit