Listen to a FUNNY CHRISTMAS SONG ABOUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!

by DUSTYROZE 17 Replies latest social humour

• caligirl
    caligirl

Welcome!

Great song!

• undercover
    undercover
    A hip hop Christmas song entitled “No Christmas For the Jehovah’s Witness” has been causing a stir within the Jehovah’s Witness community. The song recorded by underground hip hop artist Dusty Roze, a former Jehovah’s Witness himself, lampoons the fact that members of the religion are forbidden to celebrate the popular holiday.
    This has been interpreted by some within the Jehovah’s Witness community to be sacrilegious and defamatory.

I take it that this isn't an AP or Reuters wire report.

Most JWs probably don't even know that a Dusty Roze exists, let alone your music (sorry dude, but welcome anyway). Outside of a couple of people who personally know Dusty, other JWs will ignore this(if they ever hear it) as just another ignorant worldly song and will ignore it as they do other slams against them. Face it, if they can ignore Dateline and other news shows exposing child abuse problems, they won't have a problem ignoring a Xmas song about them.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

loved the song...and welcome....

lisa

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love it!!!

• DUSTYROZE
    DUSTYROZE

This is Dusty.

Thanks. Glad you guys could relate. Glad you liked it. Is that how it was for everybody growing up?

• DUSTYROZE
    DUSTYROZE

In response to the comment made by undecover:

I was actually baptised, raised in the "truth", gave public talks, was being groomed to become an "elder", that sort of thing. I was up there on a few circuit assemblies even. Stuff like that. So, I actually have been offending some people with this song. Not that that was ever my intention. I just wanted to write a portrayal of my christmas experience or lack there of.

--Dusty Roze

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wasn't offended and growing up in the bOrg was similiar to what you related. It wasn't fun, joyful, and most of the time I was just left out of alot of things that my classmates got to do. What child wants to sit in a classroom alone while her classmates are enjoying a holiday party? Any jw parent who thinks that it doesnt affect their child is delusional.

Josie

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome, Dusty. I enjoyed your song. Merry Christmas

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit