Elders School Notes, Part 7: Trust Us!!!!

by sir82 39 Replies latest jw friends

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Thank you Sir,

Great job. What was your take on the UN thing? Was what you wrote all that was said about it?

Why do you think they brought it up?

It gets curiouser and curiouser.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The mention of the UN/NGO scandal was a big mistake for the speaker to mention. Now anyone who hasn't heard about it is going to be curious. What an idiot.

• loosie
    loosie

I agree with Daniel. It was dumb for them to bring it up. But oh well now that the cats out of the bag. There might be more elders joining this board soon.

lol @ twinflame I always think the same thing when I FDS. I have to remind myself what the acronymn means. So FDS covers up bad smells?!?!?! lmbo

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I heard a similiar talk during the MS day, Boy did this talk confuse me!

Rutherford this, and knorr that, until this and dat!!!!

After all was said there was no scriptures to back up the sealing of the number of annointed in the 30's and no scripture to show how God wanted all these changes when the originating organization was not to his WILL

P.S. by the way we had to endure 11 hours of torture during this Wonderful (not) day

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I have some recordings of this school that have been passed top me. Not sure how to get them out in the open. Any ideas?

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    "Satan is in an all-out attack to disgrace Jehovah & his organization. But our confidence is not weakened. So when someone says that the organization was in cahoots with the UN - well, that just doesn't make sense."

With this statement the WBTS is prepairing the elders with circular reasoning to avoid the issues. They are preparing the elders for what is coming. Up to this the elders were probablly caught off guard by inquiring JW's that found out through the internet or from apostates. By bringing this subject to the elders with out revealing facts they are making them (and only the elders) aware that this issue will come up and you deal with it by asking your self "does this make sence?"

Solid reasoning directly from the FDS. Proper food at the proper time. LOL

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

"well, that just doesn't make sense." Jesus, what do they believe that DOES make sense. They have been proven wrong about 607, 1874, 1914, medical advice, their UN scandal, the cross-logic of expecting money from people who work for minimum wage because they were TOLD to, their faulty Bible translation done by a lunatic asylum, etc. How much more do people have to see? They are a child-raping CULT. I tried reasoning with my own wife, who left me when I quit this loony-bin because I found out the elders knew that the man doing work in my home was a pedophile and didn't warn us. She actually moved out when I told her what I found out on this site. Four years later she is insisting "the bad elders will be removed, I want to serve Jehovah". Idiot. Only loss is she took my only child with her. I can only hope she realizes what a crock this is after the way she was treated after she told us about the molestation. The elders told us not to warn anyone or else. I told them to stick it. Oh, FDS is a good one, I am old enough to remember that. Relationship? One is to cover an odor and the other IS an odor. The GB stinks to hell. Trust them? Not with a nickel. I cannot believe that they talked about something "making sense". When have they ever made sense themselves?? God, how can anyone still remain in that insane organization?

"On 9/11, the planes hit the wrong buildings."

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda
    "Even if we don't understand a point, that does not change the fact that they are used by God."

Don't you just love the way they imply that a JW is lacking intelligence if some totally unconvincing WTS interpretation doesn't make sense to them. Instead of humbly saying "Even if our current understanding of something proves in time to have been false or innacCurate", they instead have to say "Even if we don't understand a point", ie, the WTS 'point' is perfectly fine, it's just that you, puny little publisher, are too thick to understand it presently and you should therefore meekly submit to the point cuz Brooklyn has more brain-power in the pimples on it's ass than all you thick little publishers our there.

Pompous sods. We totally understand all of their 'points', it's just that we think those points are a load of old cobblers.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Heart harmony"

Do they mean this heart?

WT 71 "How is your heart?"

The Bible does not speak of a symbolic or spiritual heart in contradistinction to the fleshly or literal heart, just as it does not speak of a symbolic mind, and thus we do not want to make the mistake of viewing the literal heart as merely a fleshly pump as does orthodox physiology today. Most psychiatrists and psychologists tend to overcategorize the mind and allow for little if any influence from the fleshly heart, looking upon the word "heart" merely as a figure of speech apart from its use in identifying the organ that pumps our blood.

WT 71 "How is your heart?"

But do you have another "heart" in your head, a "figurative heart"? Is it part of your brain or is it that abstract capacity of the brain that we call the "mind"? No! The brain, in which the mind resides, is one thing and the heart in our thorax, with its power of motivation, is another thing.

With but few exceptions, the use of the word "heart" in the Bible is limited to the operations of the heart of man as the powerhouse of one’s desires, emotions and affections, the place that comes to include the capacities for motivation.

Yep; the society used to teach that your heart had a MIND of its own, literally. BAD desires could come from your literal heart.

OR is it this heart?

WT 77

A fully charged heart moves its possessor to speak: "Out of the abundance of the heart [which cherishes things] the mouth speaks."—Matt. 12:34.

Though the heart of itself does not think, it can incite thought.

Ahhh; the good old days. Fred was still alive and writing complete nonsense, and we were eating it up. Loved that giant heart onstage during the assembly, contemplating bad things.

The truth is boring nowadays; no more evil aluminum cookware, no more vile pus vaccinations, no vile M.D. squirters, no more cannibalistic organ transplants.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I think "HEART HARMONY" is used in a rather oblique reference to the Psalm: "UNIFY my heart to fear your name."

Fear is the operative word - of course they really mean fear the WTS.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit