Elders School Notes, Part 7: Trust Us!!!!

by sir82 39 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I tried to edit part 6, but once again the system ate my notes. So I will try here.

Talk # 22: TRUST THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE - Brother SICO

Synopsis: We can trust the Faithful and Discreet Slave (FDS). They are appointed by Jehovah and Jesus. Even though they are imperfect, Jehovah still uses them. We should trust them implicitly. Satan is trying to disgrace Jehovah & his organization, but we can show our support to them.

Sir's analysis: Hoo boy, did they ever lay it on thick here. The Society continued its trend of the past 20 years, in trying to get people to read "Governing Body" when they see "FDS", even though it is still official doctrine that the FDS is comprised of ALL the "annointed", not just the 12 or so on the Governing Body in NY. They seem to be at least superficially aware of criticisms leveled against them, but offered no real solid defense against any of them.

Egregious quotes: "Even though we don't know them personally, we can trust the FDS based on what the Bible says about them."

"Evidence indicates [Sir: although none given] that in 1918, Jesus found a remnant who were struggling to to do God's will as outlined in Matthew 24:14."

"Is 'Governing Body' a scrirtural term? YES. In Hebrews 13:7, 17, the term 'those taking the lead' is footnoted and referes to a term in Greek which literally means 'those who are governors of you' "

"Jehovah assigned these men to their positions. He knows they are imperfect, but he uses them anyway."

"They are in heart harmony withthe Bible. They understand who their leader really is" [presumably referring to Jesus]

"Even if we don't understand a point, that does not change the fact that they are used by God."

"How to demonstrate our trust:

1) Be a zealous kingdom proclaimer

2) Study & attend meetings along with family - TIREDNESS IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO MISS MEETINGS

3) We rarely hear about money at the Kingdom Hall [???] So in a spirit of love, be generous with your valuable things"

Regarding higher education: "It should burn in our heart to help young ones sse the superiority of divine education"

"Satan is in an all-out attack to disgrace Jehovah & his organization. But our confidence is not weakened. So when someone says that the organization was in cahoots with the UN - well, that just doesn't make sense."

Talk #23: DOING GOD'S WILL DURING THE REMAINING TIME - Brother Bethel-COOT

Synopsis: Satan is misleading the entire earth. Human pursuits are futile. The world tries to squeeze everyone into its mold. We must resist push toward higher education, and resist materialism. Simplify your life, and do God's will.

Sir's analysis: Last licks on driving home the principl point they want elders to come away with: (1) Higher education is bad Bad BAD. (2) Materialism is bad Bad BAD.

Egregious quotes: "The big push today is for higher education. The world says, 'You need a university education.' It's not true, but the world tries to squeeze everyone into its mold"

Experience: A brother with no college education began work in a prestigious large (unnamed) corporation in the mailroom. After 3 or 4 weeks, he was offered a job in management. The managers observed that he could express himself clearly, and that he could relate well to people--things he learned in the Theocratic Ministry School. However, he turned down the promotion and stayed in the mailroom, so he could pioneer."

"Am I concentrating my efforts & time in pursuit of a worldly career and gols, or am I keeping my eye simple and focusing on doing God's will?"

Experience: A JW couple both worked, and had all the material possessions they ever wanted. She was a nurse, and loved her job. But one slow morning, she began to wonder who was in the meeting for service, and wht experiences the were having. This led to many conversations with her husband. finally, they simplified their lives, she quit work and began to pioneer, and is much happier now.

FINIS. I will review parts 6 & 7 answer your questions 7 comments as time allows.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    "Satan is in an all-out attack to disgrace Jehovah & his organization. But our confidence is not weakened. So when someone says that the organization was in cahoots with the UN - well, that just doesn't make sense."

So, are they denying the UN thing? Or are they renaming the issue to "in cahoots with", which isn't technically true, and then denying that? Or does this one brother simply not know about the UN/DPI thing?

Hmmmmm... Oh wait, I don't care. :-)

Sir, thank you so much for this very detailed review. My heart hurts to think of what you went through in gathering this information, but I sure appreciate your willingness to do so.

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

My opinion is that the UN debacle is their Achille's heel. Everyone that I've heard that brings this up to the elders winds up getting df'd! Just talking about it is good enough. .......Regarding the FDS, THIS IS THE EASIEST DOCTRINE TO DISPROVE! Why don't people rip this thing to shreds?? I dunno.

• ackack
    ackack

I found this an incredible leap.

"Is 'Governing Body' a scrirtural term? YES. In Hebrews 13:7, 17, the term 'those taking the lead' is footnoted and referes to a term in Greek which literally means 'those who are governors of you' "

How do you get from that footnote to a hierarchy, I'm not sure.

ackack

• luna2
    luna2

So sad. No proof just a lot of shouting that they are Jehovah's only true people. Guess they feel if they yell loud enough and long enough that will make it true.

• minimus
    minimus

This scripture typically refers to the body of elders in Society application from the publications. Using their argument, the bodies of elders are a or the "governing body" too.

• r51785
    r51785

Experience: A brother with no college education began work in a prestigious large (unnamed) corporation in the mailroom. After 3 or 4 weeks, he was offered a job in management. The managers observed that he could express himself clearly, and that he could relate well to people--things he learned in the Theocratic Ministry School. However, he turned down the promotion and stayed in the mailroom, so he could pioneer."

Experience: A brother with no college education was engaged in streetwork in front of a Starbucks in Seattle when Bill Gates walked by. Bill was so impressed by the brothers ability to stand perfectly still while holding up the magazines and not saying a word, that he offered the brother a job as CEO of Microsoft and a 40% interest in the company!

Okay which experience was real?????

• gdss
    gdss

About 2 weeks ago at the book study a sister made the comment that we should not show any allegiance to the beast (UN) and not to meddle in any of its affairs (except when you want access its library?). I felt my face tighten up and just felt disgusted about the whole WTS being an NGO. I was reading that day too, so I'm sure someone noticed my expression.

Those experiences kill me also. I love how they just make it vauge enough in order to prove a point, and how most people just eat them up as being true.

Sir, I also thank you for sharing your notes with us. You have certainly enlightned me!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

The "Trust us " mantra was the biggest red flag to me that something was up and I wasn't buying it.

For me it was the "Trust us" mantra that came so soon after the "generation" change in 1995.

I hope a lot of elders had wake up calls at this elders school.

-ithinkisee

• Confession
    Confession
    "Even though we don't know them personally, we can trust the FDS based on what the Bible says about them."

"Evidence indicates [Sir: although none given] that in 1918, Jesus found a remnant who were struggling to to do God's will as outlined in Matthew 24:14."

'Even though every single date prediction made through them has failed miserably, we can trust the FDS based on the uneducated yet ebullient expressions of faith made by others regarding their appointment.'

'Evidence indicates that if we reveal the facts about 607, 1914 & 1918, the entire foundation of our claims of authority will collapse like a teetering Jenga tower.'

Grrrr...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit