Before getting married in a JW hall were you if you have had sex?

by technics1200 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• riko
    riko

Hm we were asked that and several other humiliating questions... regarding pleasuring each other with hands or mouth! I think you could've fried eggs on my face at that point

• Nellie
    Nellie

My husband and I had dated for almost 4 years - The brother giving the talk was "cool" - he asked us "something" but phrased it in such a way that we were able to fudge an answer without anybody being pinned down. I knew I always liked him!

• anewme
    anewme

I dont remember being asked such a question! If we were it must have been so polite and cloaked both of us pumpkin heads did not pick up on it. We were married in a kingdom hall. We were both innocent virgins.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

We were asked and we lied.

Years later I had an attack of the guilts and admitted it to an elder. We were out of the state we were married in, had been married for two years and had an infant son. it was dismissed by the elder as water under the bridge... I had gotten all worked up over nothing.

• Latte
    Latte

riko,

Hm we were asked that and several other humiliating questions... regarding pleasuring each other with hands or mouth!

I'm sorry, but that elder must of got some sort of pleasure from asking you such a question....either that or he was just a silly clone adherring strictly to the elders manual!!

What a pratt!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

This is yet one more example of elders seeking juicy material to fuel their masturbatory fantasies.

W

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes, we were asked, and my ex opened his big fat mouth and said yes, we had fooled around. So, they talked it over, told us we could still get married in the hall ( I never wanted to, butt ugly place that it was- it was my ex that thought we should get married there in the first place) and we ordered $400 worth of wedding invites. Then they changed their minds and said no we couldn't get married there after all. So, I got my outdoor wedding after all. Would have been better in hindsight for me to have called the whole thing off and gone to college.

• Forscher
    Forscher

No. Didn't happen to me, the elders in my congo knew better! I don't know if my bride to be was asked the question. It didn't stop folks from her old congregation (I'd insisted she switch congregations because I found out the PO was trying to put together a JC to DF her on trumped-up charges) from spreading gossip that we were doing it like bunnies. She was worth the wait!

Forscher

• xjwms
    xjwms

Yes, we were asked

and we were prepared, as we were warned it was going to happen.

I remember another couple getting married, and were asked, ... this gal was so "proper", that she was offended.

She thought she could have an elder meeting, like a JC meeting to get the brother who asked, in trouble. She was offended and pi$$ed.

• undercover
    undercover

Didn't happen to me...but we weren't married in the hall. We asked to use it but the elders were so slow to respond that we had to make other arrangements. By the time they said okay, we had already planned the wedding and asked an elder who was a personal friend of the family to give the talk. He didn't get nosy at all, in fact I'm not sure he even sat us down for the pre-wedding "counsel talk".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit