Before getting married in a JW hall were you if you have had sex?

by technics1200 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Yes we were asked and we said, "No". Believe it or not, we were telling the truth. We did not "indulge" before our wedding night and we are both pretty proud of this fact. Even more proud that we are still together going on 15 years.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I asked my wife if she was asked. She said no.
    We've been together 24 years!

Forscher

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Good god what a snoopy invasive jerk. You should hav said "Of course, we aren't stupid! Who would buy a car before taking it on a test drive?"

Nate

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Yes, we were asked. But, it was just a little on the vague side. We were prepared and were able to answer the question in true Bill Clinton-esk fashion.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

That's routine for them. When it happened to us, I was tempted to say: "Define sex". I guess it would've raised a whole other bunch of questions...

• Jourles
    Jourles

Due to the large amount of invites(400+) and people that we were planning to have show up(300+), we never had intentions of getting married in the hall. We used a civic center. And no, we never were asked - at least I wasn't.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I wasn't married in a hall since he was not studying, too. But I was still asked by my study conductor, part of the power dub couple in the cong. Mind you, we'd already been dating for over 3 years and had my daughter at that point! We were supposed to stop any type of anything before marriage.

• Jez
    Jez

I moved out of my house when I was 16, lived with my b/f and his father for a month, then with his grandmother, finished highschool, got married at 17. Had been having sex for a year, the elders SHOULD have guessed it, but they just met with us and asked in a roundabout way, "Are you clean before Jehovah.?." Something like that. We both said, "YES". We were married in a KH, by an elder, big party etc. I felt like an incredible hypocrite. I hated that wedding and everything associated with it.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit