Brief Announcement: I have disfellowshipped the Watctower Society

by bigmouth 33 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    Are you going to send them a letter, and give them a chance to appeal the decision? I love the idea of informing them that they have been disfellowshipped.

Well did you Big Mouth? I love the idea. I'd love to do that to my congregation. And then to be a fly on the wall to see their reaction.... LOVES IT!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

misspeaches I'd love to! I'm just thinking of a way to have the most impact or create the most damage.Should I do it at a congregational level,nationally or straight to the head honchos? Will anybody care less than they already do? Any ideas?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I like the Smiths too, particularly that song.
    If you want to go out with a bang and don't mind being shunned it would be great to send the letter to everyone; Bethel, your elders and anyone you know in the cong. If it goes to Bethel it will be read by a couple of old elders and filed in the cabinet for letters from the "they must be insane or evil hearted not to believe what we believe" and forgotten about. If it goes to the elders at least the whole elder body will probably get a chance to hear about it. But it is such a cool idea why not send it to everyone you know.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and Welcome Bigmouth!

May I add my congratulations in leaving the hateful Watchtower Org in the dust? I left after 30 years of loyal servitude by writing a DA letter six years ago. This was even before the UN prostitution was made known, but I had discovered what had gone on during the Malawi-Mexico situations, the Tacoma Dome parking scandal, and the Jimmy Swaggart lawsuit that the WTS had aligned themselves with to get out of paying Caesar's things to Caesar (while lying to the JWs and presenting the "Donation Arrangement" change as a "loving provision" from Jehovah---gag).

This was all I needed to sever my ties and tell the WTS that MY integrity wouldn't allow me to uphold them as an organization any longer and that I didn't WANT to be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses any more. Of course the shunning began immediately and my whole family and 30 years worth of "friends" now considered me as pondscum......but I have learned to live with it and have carved out a new life for myself! It hasn't been easy, but it is still far and above living a lie and being under the control of an unchristian cult 24/7.

I wish you all the best in your wonderful new life!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit