What has "Unintelligent Design" been observed to make?

by hooberus 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

"rafter claims" ... lol, yes, claims indeed! by jove watson! there may not be a rafter in hoob's eye after all! it could aaaaaaalllll be true!

these evil, organized claims of raftership must be replied to!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ANYWAYS....

"Unintelligent Design" is an oxymoron, because it still implies a designer, just a dumb one, LOL!

if you wanted to, you could get a little closer with an "unintelligble cosmos", or a "neutral eternal nothingness".

TS

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Re: What has "Unintelligent Design" been observed to make?

If your God is uncreated, then isn't He the product of Unintelligent Design?

• hooberus
    hooberus
    If your God is uncreated, then isn't He the product of Unintelligent Design?

If God is uncreated then He can't be "the product" of anything.

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

I'm too drunk to read all of those individual responses. However, this unintelligent piece of shite managed to make a particularly sweet young bundle of infinite softness come. She cooed so softly and even thanked me when it was in the receding waves of buzz. Does that count?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

But that creates a conundrum that I can't get past. I have never seen the question adequately answered of why God is exempt from the assertion that design requires a designer.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    If God is uncreated then He can't be "the product" of anything.

so what then hooberus? you're an atheist now?

man, from oxymoron to paradox in just a few words.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

hooberus

Consider the man-made chemical PCP. There are some soil bacteria that can degrade it and use the resulting products as a carbon source. So what right? Well what would you say to the confirmation of a soil bacterium that uses PCP as its sole source of carbon, and (here's the relevant point) has evolved, a new enyme to degrade said PCPs? But maybe the evolution of new enzymes and their incorporation into the cell's metabolic pathways isn't complex enough for you? Check it out anyway.

Nature. 1983 Nov 10-16;306(5939):203-6.

Evolutionary adaptation of plasmid-encoded enzymes for degrading nylon oligomers.

Flavobacterium sp. KI72 metabolizes 6-aminohexanoic acid cyclic dimer, a by-product of nylon manufacture, through two newly evolved enzymes, 6-aminohexanoic acid cyclic dimer hydrolase (EI) and 6-aminohexanoic acid linear oligomer hydrolase (EII). These enzymes are active towards man-made compounds, the cyclic dimer and linear oligomers of 6-aminohexanoic acid respectively, but not towards any of the natural amide bonds tested. The structural genes of EI (nylA) and EII (nylB) are encoded on pOAD2, one of three plasmids harboured in Flavobacterium sp. KI72. This plasmid contains two kinds of repeated sequence (RS-I and RS-II); one of the two RS-II sequences, RS-IIA, contains the nylB gene, while the other, RS-IIB, contains a homologous nylB' gene. From comparisons of the nucleotide sequences and gene products of the nylB and nylB' genes, we now conclude that EII enzyme is newly evolved by gene duplication followed by base substitutions on the same plasmid

• hooberus
    hooberus
    But that creates a conundrum that I can't get past. I have never seen the question adequately answered of why God is exempt from the assertion that design requires a designer.

When creationists and ID proponets claim that design requires a designer or is evidence of a designer, they are usually specifically referring to: 1. mechanically complex systems composed of parts (such as photoreceptors) that 2. have an origin. There is no requirement that a designer also posess these properties- hense there is no requirement that a designer logically necessarily be included in the "design requires a designer" or "design is evidence of a designer" type arguments. For example the scriptures teach (Psalm 90:2) that God has no origin and theology has also taught for centuries that God is not composed of parts (as a mechanically complex system is).

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

so, you make an unfalsifiable assertion, and the only evidence you have to back it up is a scripture from the bible?

okaydokee (can someone say undemonstrable tautology?)

ts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit