How do you feel about promiscuous sex?

by free2beme 93 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I work with a guy who sleep with a lot of different woman, and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT! I know what some are thinking, "oh he probably sleeps with a few and makes it sound like more." Well I would think that too, if I did not actually meet a lot of these woman and work with some of them and they admit to sleeping with him on a regular basis. They are like his sex partners when ever he wants them, younger woman to woman in their 30's and even early 40's. He brags about it and thinks it is a big deal and honesty, it kind of bothers me still. I may not be a Witness anymore, but the idea of sleeping with people in this manner is just wrong feeling. I see these woman he sleep with as pathetic, and look at them like tools on the wall of his garage and almost find myself forgetting their human. I know it seems cold, but they present themselves that way and it becomes their reflection. There not ugly woman either, some are beautiful and model perfect in their body. So it is not some insecurity issue, that can be seen. Since leaving the Witnesses a decade ago, it has often been the most eye opening experience to see how casual sex is with people of all ages and the older their get, the more casual it gets. I am married and I have been offered sex from people I am not married to, and told it is no big deal and nothing but sex. I wont do it, it just seems wrong. I am not saying everyone needs that wedding ring to have sex, but for god-sakes, can they at least stop treating their bodies like a pleasure toy. I don't know, maybe I am a prude, but promiscuous sex like this (which is more common then not) just does not settle well with me and I wonder how others view it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I too do not agree with it. However, if there is no God and we are all animals, then you will see in the animal kingdom, many species have very promiscuous sex indeed

• free2beme
    free2beme

I thought about that too, but animals also go to the bathroom anywhere and eat their young in some cases. I like to think that are advancement in those areas could expand to other areas too. There are a lot of animals though that mate for life and when their mate dies, they live alone until their own death. In any species, it's admirable.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i like this type of sex. i think it's a good time. if it's between consenting adults, and no one thinks they're in love with the other person, then i say it's all good.

you know, really, sex is what it is, and it's just us who assign boundaries and attach strings to sex. we make the big deal out of sex. that it has to be between two people who love each other, and they have to be faithful because sex is a gift from above, or some other notion. when really it was the promiscuous sex, the dirty stuff, that pushed the evolution of our species to such dizzying heights of complexity.

there are a few good scenes in "The Quest for Fire" by Annaud, if i remember correctly.

i mean, what's wrong with being an animal again? we are animals, so why do we deny ourselves our nature so much? why are we so afraid to embrace it?

TS

• desbah
    desbah

is this dude God's gift to women??? men like him are not satified with only one women and it's sad to know he has to prove his manhood by having sex with all these women. If a woman did what he's doing she would be called awful names. promiscuous sex can lead to unsafe sex and some day it will catch up with him.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

desbah,

it's sad to know he has to prove his manhood by having sex with all these women.

perhaps you haven't considered the possibility that he is just having a good time, and so are the women he's having sex with.

If a woman did what he's doing she would be called ;awful names

not by me.

TS

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

My thoughts are who are we to tell another who they can sleep with and how often. If they are consenting adults why not. The guy must be a really good lover and that is hard to find sometimes. I hope they are keeping it safe but beyond that it's their business.

Personally I don't like sex to be too casual. It takes an artist to really do it so that it blows your mind and that takes more then brief encounters for me. But hey when I was younger it was more casual and I don't try to judge myself nor others.

Let's just all have fun living life is my motto.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I see these woman he sleep with as pathetic, and look at them like tools on the wall of his garage and almost find myself forgetting their human. I know it seems cold, but they present themselves that way and it becomes their reflection

A lot of people, mostly men, but even some women view women as objects. That is what I have a problem with. All sex has consequences. The more people you have sex with, the bigger the chance that some of those consequences will be bad ones and some of them could be life altering.

Personally, I'm not into sowing wild oats. But that's just me. I guess at my age, I can't pretend away the consequences. And I also know it's far superior for me to have it all. Love, adoration, admiration, lust, magic and fun all rolled into one: to me that is superior and the optimum. Take the love out of it and it's just not the same.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

ahh, to be one of those guys....

Dan, I-can-dream-can't-I? class

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

free,

They are like his sex partners when ever he wants them,

maybe they like it like that? maybe it's the other way around?

and almost find myself forgetting their human.

and sorry, what is a human again?

casual sex is with people of all ages and the older their get, the more casual it gets.

heh, sorry free. i don't mean to pick on you or anything, you seem like a nice person. but really? i don't see how this is a bad thing. frankly i am looking forward to this.

but for god-sakes, can they at least stop treating their bodies like a pleasure toy.

no! why should people slap themselves for having fun? what is so sacred about our bodies? if ones body is a pleasure toy, i'd say they are a highly evolved human who is getting it right.

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit