DFed, more positive or negative?

by Sheepish 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

Dave,

You are correct, however, you missed an aspect. There are many, many people who stay in there because they know who they are dealing with. The droolers inside are predictable, pliable, easily conned, and a person is assured of a constant source of distraction from worrisome thoughts (like a loud stereo), and responsibilites (Satan did it, and Jehovah will fix it). Very little of the reasonings for why they are actually there have to do with any deity. It is a source of warmth to a grouping of people too stupid to learn how to build a fire.

To answer the question: neither. Ask me how I would feel if I suddenly got a message from Uganda that said that I was no longer allowed in their country.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    The congregation must remain clean and maintain God’s favor in order to be used by him and to represent him. Otherwise, God would expel or cut off the entire congregation.—Re 2:5; 1Co 5:5, 6.

The WTS has condemned it's self with this statement! I can clearly see where God would not want the GB to represent him. Does anyone believe the WTS is clean in God's eyes?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Disfellowshipping is discipline not punishment.

D

I hope you wake up and see them with eyes and ears of reality instead of what they have brainwashed you into believing..

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Disfellowshipping is discipline not punishment.

D

That statement is just plain inane!

Disicipline would seek to restore one to proper direction. If you have a child, and you disaprove of fornication, when you find out that he/she committed fornication, how do you discipline that child?

The Watchtower way would go something like this;

• Meet with her/him in closed door discussion.
    • Do not really hear anything he/she says as to circumstance, or human failing,. etc.
    • Tell them that in spite of being in the family for a lifetime, that you will devote about 15 minutes to decide the fate.
    • Tell him/her that he is being disfellowshipped from the family now. Do not pray with him, for he is unfit now.
    • Two weeks later call the family together and announce to one and all that he is unfit association for them
    • Allow him to attend family functions, but do not speak with him
    • Do not eat with him
    • Do not speak to him
    • If you see him in public do not show any sign of his ever having been your family member.
    • Start allowing him to submit formal letters asking for reinstatement to the family within a few months
    • DO not accept such request for at least a year
    • When you allow him back in the family make sure you resrict his association to only certain events
    • Do not let him comment yet at the family study until he has shown sufficient remorse for this sin he committed last year
    • Repeat this proceedure should he ever sin again

On the other hand a real Christian family might do it this way;

• Have a loving discussion with him as to why his conduct is dangerous and damaging to him
    • Restrict him for a time to let it sink in perhaps
    • Love him
    • Love him
    • Love him
    • Make sure he knows that this family is a refuge, not a refugee camp
    • Love him
    • Love him
    • Love him

The Watchtower does not care about loving discipline - they care about lording it over. BTW defd, why not go and admit your internet sins now and get a nice dose of loving discipline.? Just a suggestion since we love ya'.

Jeff

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Well, for me...disfellowshipping was a blessing! Yeah, I could finally be left alone and really think on my own for once without the pressure of others, as far as the shunning.....I found there were a lot more quality and diverse and open-minded friends on the outside of the cult....it was no loss, I just wish my sister would wake up...we still talk, but she's still stuck inside without friends....it's too sad.

• seven006
    seven006

*** Disfellowshipping is discipline not punishment***

Ya, and castration stops masturbation. Who are you kidding beside yourself? Little kids and bad little puppies that piss on your pillow get disciplined, not adults.

Disfellowshipping is just another way for the cult leaders to keep control over those who buy into their illusion of power.

What’s sunning? A gift from god? It’s all about absolute obedience and mind control for and by those who do not deserve it. That is the only way cults can keep their people in line. Well…that and a big plastic bowl to mix Kool-Aid in.

You want to see mind control in action? Just watch the astonished looks on the faces of everyone in a kingdom hall if someone asks a question outside of the controlled questions that you are given at a watchtower study. The whole congregation goes into a state of shock if just one person thinks for themselves and asks a non-controlled question that is not spoon fed to you by the JW cult leaders. Now that is a well-disciplined congregation, gasping on cue is essential!

Frog,

Maybe so. I just know I can only stand the company of the bungled and botched for so long and then I need to go beat my head against a wall. The older I get the less tolerant I am toward stupidity.

Dave

• juni
    juni

DF IS DISCIPLINE?? I DON'T AGREE. DF IS PUNISHMENT BECAUSE IT IS LIKE SOLITARY CONFINEMENT AWAY FROM THOSE YOU'VE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS AND WERE TAUGHT THAT THESE ARE YOUR TRUE FRIENDS AND THOSE ON THE OUTSIDE ARE YOUR ENEMIES. VERY MENTALLY ABUSIVE.

AND THEY HAVE YOU JUMP THROUGH OODLES OF HOOPS TO COME BACK. AND THEN YOU HAVE TO MEASURE UP TO THEIR STANDARDS WHICH IN SOME HALLS ARE EXTREMELY HARSH.

I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. I TRIED. IT WAS HELL. I FINALLY GAVE UP AND SAID F*** IT ALL - I'M SICK OF THEIR GAMES. IF WHAT THEY SAY IS TRUE ABOUT ARMAGGEDON THEN I'LL DIE, BUT ATLEAST I'M NOT FIGHTING AN UPHILL BATTLE. JUST GOT TIRED OF IT AND NO ONE UNDERSTANDS AS THEY ARE THESE PROGRAMMED ZOMBIES.

JUNI TOWANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Fried Green Tomatoes - movie w/Kathy Bates and Jessica Tandy)

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    The only difference from being in prison and being a JW is self-awareness. The prisoners know they are in prison. The JW’s don’t have a clue or just refuse to admit it.

Very well said seven .. defd still doesn't realize that his heart and mind have been imprisoned by the WTBTS, the GB or whom/whatever else were involved in his indoctrination. He is so far gone I don't know if he'll ever wake up. What a miserable existence ... though I'm sure he doesn't think so. He's content to be a grown man disciplined by other grown men like some rebellious child ... though not really. Real parents who love their children don't treat them the way loving elder bodies do. I can't go one day without speaking to my children. I can't imagine what they would have to do for me to act like they didn't exist. And yet people get disfellowshipped all the time in the Borg. Funny, excommunication is rare among Catholics yet dubs actually believe they are the ones bearing the mark of true love. Dysfunction at it's highest .

sweet tee

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    AND THEY HAVE YOU JUMP THROUGH OODLES OF HOOPS TO COME BACK. AND THEN YOU HAVE TO MEASURE UP TO THEIR STANDARDS WHICH IN SOME HALLS ARE EXTREMELY HARSH.

I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. I TRIED. IT WAS HELL. I FINALLY GAVE UP AND SAID F*** IT ALL - I'M SICK OF THEIR GAMES. IF WHAT THEY SAY IS TRUE ABOUT ARMAGGEDON THEN I'LL DIE, BUT ATLEAST I'M NOT FIGHTING AN UPHILL BATTLE. JUST GOT TIRED OF IT AND NO ONE UNDERSTANDS AS THEY ARE THESE PROGRAMMED ZOMBIES.

If the borganization was so loving all you would have to do is say "I'm sorry" and all would be forgiven. It's not about forgivenss, a clean congregation, reproach or any thing else. It's all about control. Period.

Disfellowshipping was the best thing in the world for me. I should send my ex a thank you note for making it happen. I'm so glad I didn't get my family to join in on my stupidity.

sweet tee

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Definately positive.

If I had not been disfellowshiped I would have continued to believe that the organization was the means for my salvation.....instead of Jesus.

gold_morning

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit