DFed, more positive or negative?

by Sheepish 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

defd, here's your award:

Enjoy!

• seven006
    seven006

Being DF’ed is like the prison guards kicking you out of jail.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How do yo train a flea for the flea circus? You give them a glass ceiling. After a while, they stop bumping their heads. Take away the glass, they still won't jump away. How do you keep a flea in it's seat? You glue it on.

http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/magazine/magazine_home_fleacircus.html

• forsharry
    forsharry

From your understanding, it's discipline?! What do you think discipline means?

Main Entry: 1 dis·ci·pline
    Pronunciation: 'di-s&-pl&n
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old French & Latin; Old French, from Latin disciplina teaching, learning, from discipulus pupil
    1 : PUNISHMENT

5 a : control gained by enforcing obedience

My father was PUNISHED/DISCIPLINED for not quitting his job. He was PUNISHED/DISCIPLINED by being Disfellowshipped, because he wouldn't quit a job that he used to support a 6 member family with. Did he try to get another job? Sure, you betcha. The elders gave him a month to do it. They gave a month for a 42 year old Senior Level Mechanical Engineer with 2 Masters under his belt to get another job that would be able to provide for his family...and when no one wanted to hire a 42 year old Senior level management-type employee and instead hire the 21 year old out of college, my dad was in a bind. So my dad did the morally right thing. He decided that in providing for his family, he was obeying god's word and in doing so was disfellowshipped because he wasn't putting faith in Jehovah that he would somehow provide for him and his family and his obligations.

Boot to the head! Right out of the organization he goes! He was a MS, with a pioneer wife, pioneer daughter and young son that was right on track to get baptised in a couple of years. But that congregation sure got all of that bad association out of their midst. Kudos to Airport Congregation, Kenner, LA, 70065!

• forsharry
    forsharry

Naw...I ain't bitter, but I'll tell all those men that had a hand in effectively destroying my family that they better never walk in front my tour bus.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Disfellowshipping is discipline not punishment.

Sister Defd, you happen to be wrong here. I was ultimately df'd for having a website containing nothing more than audio/video content and scans of original documentation. No commentary, nothing. The website certainly wasn't biased as there were items of interest to both jw's and non-jw's alike. I was punished for having this website. Certainly a far cry from your definition of discipline.

• poppers
    poppers

"Disfellowshipping is discipline not punishment."

Call it whatever you want, but if the effects upon an individual are destructive in any way it is punishment in the direct experience of how life is lived by the one dfed. Calling it "discipline" is like putting paint over something rusting in the belief that the paint will make it what it used to be.

• Golf
  • Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

Sheepish, I get your drift. I took advantage of my disfellowshipped state and it was more than one time!

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit