Do you think that JW's leaders are going to announce a new date in 2006?

by booker-t 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

The borg will try something, you can bet on it. Morale is at an all-time low, people are leaving in droves(mostly through fading away) and the rank and file friends are not putting in enough hours in the ministry. Expect some pronouncement that will serve as an attempt to re-energize the brothers and sisters.

EC

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They will continue the 'carrot and stick' routine for as long as that works. But they are more cleaver now - no dates will be announced.

The allusion to 2034 has been sufficient to get many dubs wringing their hands in anticipation of it though. They won't dash the hopes of those doing so.

Jeff

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""people are leaving in droves""

That's NOT what I observed locally.

• undercover
    undercover
    ""people are leaving in droves""

That's NOT what I observed locally.

The area I live in is pretty "fruitful"...but, it is coming mainly from Spanish speaking immigrants and since I live in an ever growing community, more and more JWs from other areas are moving in, making the numbers look good. The baptism figures speak different numbers at English speaking assemblies. Very few adults contacted by the door to door work are ever baptized. Most newly baptized ones are children and relatives/acquaintances of current JWs.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Read my lips, NO NEW DATES.

• VM44
    VM44

This came from Osarsif, who posted it in the thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/95053/1.ashx

--VM44

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I truly believe they would not be that stupid

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I doubt that they will announce an actual date, but they could allude to one to try and get the ones who still care fired up in the ministry again. I wouldn't be surprised if they do one of those tract campaigns again soon, delivering one to every household in the world like they did a few years ago.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"many will come saying "" the time is at hand "" do not listen to them ..." (luke 21)

HB

• gumby
    gumby

All they need to do is give this little reminder below a GREATER sense of urgency and throw in some new global warming stuff and major hurricane record stuff and it will wise a few back to gettin busy.

Article on 'Generation' change

" Does our more precise viewpoint on "this generation" mean that Armageddon is further away than we had thought? Not at all! Though we at no time have known the "day and hour," Jehovah God has always known it, and he does not change. (Malachi 3:6) Obviously, the world is sinking further and further toward terminal ruination. The need to keep awake is more critical than it has ever been. Jehovah has revealed to us "the things that must shortly take place," and we should respond with an absorbing sense of urgency.—Revelation 1:1; 11:18; 16:14, 16...

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit