Do you think that JW's leaders are going to announce a new date in 2006?

by booker-t 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booker-t
    booker-t

I was reading a thread here the other and it mentioned that the assembly for 2006 will be "Delivance at Hand". Is this going to be like 1974 when every JW's thought the end was going to come in 1975? I don't think JW's leaders would be that stupid again and build JW's for another date-setting letdown. Enough is Enough. I love this website because it keeps me so informed on the workings of the WT society that I feel so strong when JW's approach me on the street with their know it all arrognance and I know something that they don't know. Keep up the good work JW's that post here and are undercover you keep us all informed. My whole family is still stuck in the WT and you give me the ammo that I can use when they talk to me.

• ackack
    ackack

Yeah, I sorta think they might try this actually... sad.

ackack

• TD
    TD
    Is this going to be like 1974 when every JW's thought the end was going to come in 1975

You mean like that Circuit Assembly entitled "Who Will Conquer The World In The 1970's"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'd be surprised if they announced a new date. They haven't yet been able to contain the damage caused by their previous failed predictions, especially now that so much info is on the internet.

On the other hand, they may think it would be a good recruitment tactic. It's been a long time since I heard them claim that "Jehovah is speeding up the work". A new date might light a fire under some apathetic JW asses.

W

• ackack
    ackack

TD: do you have any proof for that CA? I would love to see it. I did see the badge cards before... are they genuine?

ackack

• blondie
    blondie

I think the WTS is too cautious to ever do the 1975 fiasco again. That was something that started out "innocent" and with the big reaction in 1966 to the chart in the Life Everlasting book, it took on a life of it's own. With the generation of 1914 gone, what is there to anchor it too. I have some times joked a little about 120 years from 1914 to 2034, but the WTS is not expanding on that either. With the newest GB members in their 50's, "this system" could last another 40 years, and if they add other GB members then in their 50's?

w00 1/15 p. 13 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s "chosen ones" will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

• TD
    TD

TD: do you have any proof for that CA? I would love to see it. I did see the badge cards before... are they genuine?

km 7/70 p. 3 Announcements ***

·

A new circuit assembly program is scheduled to begin in September. We believe you will find it most informative and upbuilding. The public talk will be "Who Will Conquer the World in the 1970’s?"
    --Not that I really think they would ever do this again. (Then again, there' are few groups less willing to learn from their mistakes....)
  • xjwms
    xjwms

Good question

I never thought of that.....I like Blondies comment Another fiasco? the wt would avoid that.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

No they won't ever announce a new date again. That just gives us lot ammunition. Which they are trying to avoid. However they will make allusions to a date and when it is not fulfilled claim that it was the brothers & sisters fault for reading into something they never said.

• ackack
    ackack

However, the same once who lived through the fiasco of 1925 were around for the fiasco of 1975. I just question if they really learn from this sort of event. I wonder how cynical the leadership is to, in terms of knowingly using it as a ploy to boost sagging numbers (albeit artificially)

ackack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit