• 1968 Pheonix, AZ
    • 1969-70 Fayetteville, AR
    • 1971-1977 League City, TX
    • 1978-1981 Woodville, TX
    • 1981-1982 Beaumont, TX
    • 1982-1986 Woodville, TX
    • 1986 Jersey City, NJ Disfellowshipped
    • OUT from '86-'91
    • Short time in Phillipsburge, NJ Dale Easley?? remember him?
    • 1991- Elizabeth, NJ Reinsted
    • 1991-1992 Woodville, TX
    • 1992- Beaumont, TX
    • 1993- Lufkin, TX
    • 1994- Woodville, TX
    • 1995- I escaped!
  • Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys

Wow, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Even if I am a newbie. ;-)

Brady, TX -- 75-79. OK, so I was only 4. But I'm sure my folks took me to every damn meeting. They were special pioneers.

Weatherford, TX -- 80-88 (Robert K, you've got a PM ;-) 5 yo to 13 yo or so. Great memories, actually. Probably cause I was a kid without a worry in the world.

Arlington, TX -- 88-95 -- Lake/Rush Creek Congo's -- 13 yo to 19 yo or so. Mostly Lake congregation. It was a bit confusing when we first moved there. They were redrawing the lines and we were moving around a bit. Arlington was a decent place to be a teen, even if I was a total "spiritual nerd." Gave my first public talk here (half of one. split it with an elder in the congo)

Jamaica, Queens (NY) -- 95-99ish -- 19-24 yo. Hillside congo. Nice folks, got WAY more respect than I deserved, mostly because I was a Bethelite. Sheesh, talk about a spoiled brat. But New York was great! I drove the only car for the Bethel boys and I loved driving the BQE to the LIE to Grand Central. Had a beat up old Taurus and I loved jockeying with the cabbies.

Verona, NJ -- 99ish - 01 -- 24 to 26 yo. Longer drive, nicer neighborhoods, even MORE spoiled. Spent a few weekends out there to escape Bethel, but faith was all but gone after six years at "HQ." Left Bethel in summer, watched 9/11 happen on TV. Knew one guy who died (nice brother from Jamiaca congo. Left a wife and two kids behind. Sad stuff.)

Arlington, TX -- 01 sporatically. 26 yo. Couldn't get into it. Tired of lying to people and saying Bethel was "great!" Just didn't buy the BS anymore. Franz books sealed the deal.

02 -- DA'd, DF'd. Gone. Buh-bye family, lifetime of friends. Picked up pieces, moved to Virginia, started over. Not as bad as it sounds. (Really. ;-)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Bryan

1982-1986 Woodville, TX

I've been to that hall, up on the hill next to the mortuary?

Do you remember the Maglies? (sp) Millers, and Cakeus (sp)

My grandparents lived in Chester and were inactive when you were there.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Yes, the Millers... let me see... Brian was one of the elders who was contantly berading me. He and Myrdle had the weirdest kids in the hall!

Petter Kakuas?sp? He can put anyone to sleep with him mono tone dribble hour talk.

The Maglies... I don't know.

Chester? Didn't Sherry Lockwood attend there?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Chester? Didn't Sherry Lockwood attend there?

He and Myrdle had the weirdest kids in the hall!

Ya I think his eldest daughter had the hots for me. He gave my great grandfathers and grandfathers graveside.

I dunno, Chester was in Woodvilles territory I think.

Ok dude, I think I met you once. I met a guy, dont remember his name but he was newly reinstated and had just moved back to Woodville. This guy picked me up at my grandparents house in Chester and brought me to a little witness get together at someones house.

Was his name perhaps Bryan? I never have forgotten that.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Short time in Phillipsburge, NJ Dale Easley?? remember him?

I don't know him but the name is familiar. Most people there didn't seem to friendly to me, so there weren't too many who knew me.

How about the Mahoney family?

IP_Sec...what a coincidence if it was him!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im now positive it was Bryan. After I went to his website I remember him telling me his family story with his mom and stuff. OMFG I really only met him one time but I though he was a really cool guy. LOL

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

1959- Cong in Oak Cliff section of Dallas, TX

Duncanville, TX

Back to Oak Cliff

Terrell, TX (both old & new halls)

Memorial cong (I think that's the name of it) of Houston, Tx

Cypress cong-Houston

Married, back to Oak Cliff for 14 years

1988-1992 moved to Arlington, TX also into the Lake/Rush Creek cong. This is the last cong I ever attended. Breakfast at Cranberrys, maybe we've met? My kids are your age. Hope you're living well in VA.

Theresa

• Quentin
    Quentin

Theresa, did you know the Titus family in the Duncanville area? One of the girls married a JW out of Ft. Worth about 69-70.

• Bryan
    Bryan

WOOooow there doggie!

Could that be?! I know when I returned I was doing all kinds of stuff with the kids. I even got called to the rug for it by Brian Miller. He thought I was too newly reinstated to be organizing things for the kids in the woods who had nothing to do.

Should we pm or can you tell me a little more. I think I remember you, but I was getting beat up by elders from every angle at the time.

I'm a "cool guy".

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit