I miss all my....................

by defd 40 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep loss of productivity because of employees' at work internet access is such a downer.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

LMAO@Ozzie's post!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just found this report online and I think it relates:

"To put the potential loss of employee surfing into perspective, consider the following:

An employee with a monthly salary of $3,000 costs the company about $20.70 per hour. If he spends 30 minutes accessing the internet on non-work related websites, the wastage to the company is $10.40 per employee daily or $217.50 a month. For a company with 200 employees, the wastage will amount to $43,500 a month or $522,000 a year, representing up to 6.26 percent of the company's annual wage cost.

Besides the actual time lost from "cyberloafing," an often uncounted cost is the strain to a company's internet system. Constant improper use results in a system slowdown that affects all employees and customers. The more bandwidth that is consumed by non-work related surfing, the less that is available for work related projects."

The reports goes on to relate how the online game "Elf Bowling" almost brought down Navistar International Corporation's network because quite a few employees were receiving and sending the game via email attachments, which took up about 1 Mbyte.

The entire report is here: http://homepages.ius.edu/LCHRISTI/Journal%20of%20emply/Employee%20use%20of%20internet%20-%20lastintcopy1ElizeditedDawnR.pdf

Josie

• mouthy
    mouthy

WOW Mrs J what a loss! Thanks for the up-date. I am not guilty for this sin!!!! LOL Though I am for thousands of others, But "Romans tells me there is NO condemnation for those in Christ. I love that scripture!!!!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

(singing) Make new friends and leave the old. One is silver and the other's gold.

It takes awhile to get used to third shift. Some people never do. Are you going to be on third for long? Is your company really getting rid of 30,000 employees? You might not have to worry about working any shift, anymore. Well, not for that company.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

hmmm I do seem to recall Derrick saying one day last week that he was getting the internet connected at home. Having said that I don't know if that was his wife or not.

Anyways Derrick - don't miss your friends. Widen out. Get to know others. We're all fabulous here. And just think what others here are missing. Their whole families who shun them. Now don't you think that is tragic?

• defd
    defd

Yes it is sad if it is for no reason. Most not all who replied to this thread are not the ones I missed. Ak, Honesty, jones, mouthy, under. They are just plain MEAN. Yes vitty to your post. D.

• Scully
    Scully

Hey, let's get the party started!

I've got a baby bath to do, but I'll be back soon.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Anyway I am still here for another hour and 10 minutes... so get chatting peoples!!!

Miss HaveAChat Peaches

• Scully
    Scully

bath... feed.... diaper.... bath... feed.... diaper....bath... feed.... diaper....bath... feed.... diaper.... that's me for the next 7.25 hours....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit