I miss all my....................

by defd 40 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Day shift online buddies on this Board. I hate 3rd shift! ( my job )

D.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"have love for the whole association of brothers"

• vitty
    vitty

Hope that includes me

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Let's see what do I miss?

• 5 Boring, and intellectually empty hours of Watchtower remedial thelogy each week.
    • 7 hours to prepare for such nonsense.
    • 90 hours a month in the ministry as a pioneer.
    • 1 or 2 public talks a month.
    • 20 hours of preparation for that.
    • Telling people lies at the door to cover the Watchtower's arse.
    • Selling books that contained those lies.
    • Selling magazines that rehashed the same ole' lies over and over.
    • Playing God and judging everyone as unworthy of life.
    • Trying to understand where we were 'tacking' now thelogically.
    • The real love of the brothers - the same kind that makes them shun me for reading the Bible instead of Watchtowers now.
    • The polyester suits.
    • LIttle kids dressed up like 'ministers' instead of little kids.
    • Wondering how many child molesters are hiding among the rank and file and if my kids were in danger
    • The uneasiness that came with having to defend the 'truth' when there was no defense.

Ah - this list could take all day!!!!

Jeff

• under74
    under74
    I miss all my.................... Nov 22, 2005

Day shift online buddies on this Board. I hate 3rd shift! ( my job )

boofuckinhoo. If that's your worst problem, consider yourself fortunate!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'll set my alarm an hour earlier every morning and keep you company, defd. We can enjoy a few intellectually stimulating and free-spirited discussions.

How does that sound to ya, Buddy?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You gotta feel for the guy Under74, it's only here he gets any mental stimulation.

• ozziepost
  • 1 or 2 public talks a month.
    There was a time when i was having to limit myself too. I had one weekend off from being a visiting speaker. Some Sundays was two or three talks!

• Strange thing is, I might still give two sermons on a Sunday but it's not the same! Partly i think is that I'm not parrotting off some outline from Crooklyn and trying to lend credence to its American style language. Remember those script talks at the District Conventions? Sheer agony to give, sorry, to READ out.

• Nowadays i present talks from my own research and knowledge. Quite different.
  • Okay, Derrick, think on that while you sit alone on your shift.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

And I was not even an elder, Oz. Just an overworked MS. Wifey says they were afraid I would 'speak up' about things they prefered buried in elder's meetings. She was right about that - but it might have sped my exit - which would have been good in the long run.

Jeff

BTW - I would love to hear one of your sermons sometime, if I ever get to the land down under that is.

• under74
    under74
    You gotta feel for the guy Under74, it's only here he gets any mental stimulation.

Only a little bit...but it's not like he's in the middle of a crisis. Boohooo, he doesn't have the people on JWD that he's used to.

Cry me a river a' tears.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit