Did you hear about the congregation where.........

by enlightenedcynic 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The curious thing is that at Bethel, there are sisters overseeing departments!!!

For example, Shipping Department is under the control of Sister...[name withheld to protect her, she's good at her job!]

jwfacts will know!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Its a bit of a double standard, since sisters are not even allowed to sit at the head of foot of the dining tables in bethel.
    I was at a table once and a visiting sister that came in for a tour sat at the foot of the table at lunch time. A brother came over and made her move to the side of the table as it is too much of a priviledge for a woman to sit at the foot. I could never work that one out, you can't get much lower than the foot.

• Legolas
  • ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Well, when I was a kid in the 50's and early 60's mrs. kessel handled the accounts and the literature and another sister handled the magazines. Not only that but she was also an honorary member of the judicial committee. Whenever the circy came she went to the servant's meetting as part of the big three. She often explained though that she was just there to make up the number. If there was an actual judicial matter they got a brother from another congregation to take her place.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Welcome to the board enlightenedcynic!

This one got me:

Being baptized is not enough; the brother has to be able to read and do math as well as be in good standing. I can remember being in a book study that had 2 brothers including the conductor. One was on restrictions and the other could not read anything at all.

I can't imagine Jesus putting ANYONE on restriction!!!!! Was Peter on restriction after he denied Christ three times? These people are nuts. They treat each other with such disdain it's no wonder new ones are coming to the board every day. What sane person can continue putting up with this nonsensical childlike treatment? Doesn't being an adult matter anymore? How about having a little diginity? Why must you be humiliated, shamed, disgraced and judged just to be a part of God's 'clean organization' of 'happy people' . And yet and still, many of them won't believe they are in a cult!

sweet tee

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    Yes, sort of . . . . In the 60's I know first hand of a congregation where there were NO baptized men. All positions and duties were done by women. The CO was a woman.

Are you serious?

• Es
    Es

Welcome to the board, wow i have never heard of that, but bout time the sis get some recognition hehhe

es

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    bout time the sis get some recognition hehhe

They're not getting recognition es, they're just being used. True recognition would come from the botchtower. I don't think that's gonna happen.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

how can the society be so two faced?

do the dear sisters have their heads covered? i didnt think sisters could do much except be 'a large army'

on one occasion there were no brothers at the group and i was asked to read, but lated the elder got counselled for it!

it makes me mad!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Reminds me of a TV show when I was a child. The title of the program and the opening song were the same:

It's Howdy Doody Time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit