Did you hear about the congregation where.........

by enlightenedcynic 30 Replies latest jw friends

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

Hello All,

I am new to the board and am looking forward to many insightful discussions here.

A good friend of mine attends a congregation where sisters are working behind both the literature and magazine counters. The brothers who were handling those responsibilities were removed because in the elder body's opinion, none of them were "exemplerary". In a service meeting part, the congregation's police officer explained that save for the elders and a few of the ministerial servants, none of the men in the congregation were meeting the national average in field service time, so for the foreseeable future, "exemplerary" sisters would be assuming the duties behind the counters. Talk about emasculating the men!!!

The irony here though is that the same men who are unfit to handle the literature and magazine counters are qualified to offer opening and closing prayer for meetings and do reading for the Watchtower study. What is wrong with this picture? Oh yeah, and supposedly the CO is all for this arrangement. Anybody ever hear of such nonsense?

EC

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Welcome to the board!

I wonder if the sisters™ put kleenex on their heads while behind the counter.

W

• daystar
    daystar

Very strange. Welcome to the board!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yes, sort of . . . . In the 60's I know first hand of a congregation where there were NO baptized men. All positions and duties were done by women. The CO was a woman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    All positions and duties were done by women. The CO was a woman.

They should never have changed!

• luna2
    luna2

The really sad thing about this is that as soon as a few of those brothers become "exemplary" again, the sis's will lose their positions, because no matter how active in field service, how many Bible studies they have or how many meetings they attend, they will always be of less value than a brother who makes the minimum standard.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and welcome Enlightenedcynic!

Where is this KH located?

Annie

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Enlightened Cynic,

What's nonsense about this? Do you suspect it's a tactic to shame the men?

Welcome to the board!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi EnlightenedCynic. Welcome to the board. Sounds strange alright.

Cellist

• biddie
    biddie

Hey Cellist! It's Biddie... How ya doin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit