I don't bump into witnesses anymore...............

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• z
    z

JH I live in

• z
    z

JH I live in

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I see them all the time at the shopping centres but haven't seen them out witnessing for about 2 years!

• JH
    JH
    JH I live in Westmont

I thought so....... after seeing that nice car.

• c5
    c5

I bumped into my x jw friends all the time after my DisAss. I moved to a new town and only once found mags left in my door. I have moved again and have not seen any witnessing or any mags left in our door. I have seen a couple Kingdom Halls, but never anyone there.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Isn't that a good thing? I am on the other side of town of all my old buddies, and I barely know the locals. But for years I've been the person who never makes eye contact with strangers and therefore doesn't see friends when they walk by. All this time I've been worried about what I'd do if I ran into an old mate, and it's probably already happened and they were the ones who were uncomfortable! Yes that's a nice thought, I'm going with that...

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I went a long time without running into any, but since I've been in Sacramento (last five years), they're all over the place. Doing street work on the K Street mall, out in service in Midtown, handing out old WTs and Awakes to homeless people.

Just this Saturday, I ran into a woman studying with another at the Bread Store on J at 18th. They had taken over a table and were having muffins and coffee while going over this week's WT and using a large-print NWT to look up scriptures.

I was in too good a mood to spoil, so I just got my sandwich and left.

BTW, any Sacramentans on the board, the Bread Store has great sandwiches at a reasonable price and they bake all their bread on-site.

Jankyn, loves that bread-baking smell class

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    As you'll know, they're very easy to spot by the way they dress and by their booksbags.

Oh yeah I can spot them a ways off, I just havent physically bumped into any. My husband met one at his favorite electronics store but other than that...nada.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit