I don't bump into witnesses anymore...............

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I remember years ago, I couldn't pass a day or two without seeing a witness someplace, either walking or in their cars going door to door or just traveling to the hall. Often I'd see them at the grocery store or at the bank.

But it's been months now since I've seen a witness. Gee it's fun not to run into them anymore.

I wonder what happened?

Maybe James 4:7 applies here

but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from YOU .

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

How long since you've been out? Remember the turnover rate, you probably are bumping into dubs - you just don't recognise them.

• JH
    JH

I compare this to cops. Some days you'll see 10 police cars pass on your street, and other days you won't see any.

I didn't go to meetings since about 6 months nicolaou, so I do recognize them, but just don't see them anymore. I guess that I have good timing.

I remember when I faded many years ago, I would go for a walk, and i always met dubs going to their meetings and they waved at me, meaning, I saw you, and I know you won't go to this meeting...lol

But I do ride around alot, and I hardly see any witnesses, if any... I know that if I do on purpose to pass in front of a book study groupe, I'll see them, but what I mean is that I hardly see them anymore when I ride around the city, go to the bank, grocery store, convenience store...etc.

And it's been really a long long time since I've seen one...

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm with you on this JH.

It's been over a year since I bumped into a dub and I'm always on the go somewhere.

Except for two bros I saw at a door this summer (and I didn't even know who they were) it's been ages since I even saw any working the territory.

HappyDad

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Same here! Once in awhile we see them bumping into each other over at the park. They walk in circles around the park chatting with each other holding the mags. rolled up in their hands.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Interesting. Here's hoping the malaise that's stricken America finds its way to our humble shores real soon. To be fair, I bump into dubs all over the place - can't get away from them where I live. Maybe it's a local thing.

Nic'
    [for once in his life envying America ]

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I never bump into jws, maybe that's cuz I dont know any here?

• I quit!
    I quit!

I find them to be creatures of habit. I see them working the same streets and standing on the same street corners year after year and they all look bored to death.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I thought you were making a pun of the song that says : You don't send me flowers anymore. Don't throw shoes at me, but I don't see witnesses anymore because they are shunning me. The only ones that I miss are my kids. The heck with the rest of them!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    I never bump into jws, maybe that's cuz I dont know any here?

I've been in Mexico for the last 2 1/2 years and I don't know any dubs here either, but I see them everywhere. As you'll know, they're very easy to spot by the way they dress and by their booksbags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit