Underground Reformed JW movement

by RealNewLight 61 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Is this what some people were referring to as 'jw light'? When I first started investigating (2 1/2 yrs ago) about jw's this cropped up a few times. This term 'jw light' as in 'Bud light' or the like.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I love the idea and can imagine it is going to start globally. There is a thread at the moment, Can the truth survive the internet? which shows that access to information is opening the eyes of many people. Many do not want to leave though, and that is where this type of group can comes in.

Though I can no longer can bear to go to meetings I still occasionally keep in touch with many of my 30 yo friends. Many of them do not have any great amount of confidence in the WTS. Rather they go for the family, because it is their culture, and its where their friends are. Many appreciate that it kept them moral.

As time goes on and Armageddon does not come the WTS can not survive in its current form. But it is a unique Org due to the Trinity teaching. So it can survive for the non-trinitarian worshipper with emphasis on conscience as the Underground movement appears to be pushing.

I have struggled long and hard with my parents, but now understand they can not leave the Org because everything they have is invested in it. I would much rather they retained the faith than were cast out from the org with nothing at this stage in their life. So I would really appreciate if the WTS became a nice place to be.

Drop Armageddon doom and gloom, drop the guilt, drop the blood doctrine, ease up on disfellowshipping, give room for the conscience, and it would not be such a bad religion to be part of.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

What's wrong with JW's telling me what to think and how I am supposed to feel? I like knowing what I am supposed to feel.

Underground reform has been going on for some time. Nothing works against obstinance. The old dudes decide what Jehovah wants and you just have to accept that.

When the master comes to check on his belongings ... let them answer for their own folly. What will you do?

• carla
    carla

What will I do? use the brain God gave me to stay away from false prophets I guess. It is not a sin to use your brain. That's why God gave you one, use it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Drop Armageddon doom and gloom, drop the guilt, drop the blood doctrine, ease up on disfellowshipping, give room for the conscience, and it would not be such a bad religion to be part of.

Doesn't leave much, does it!

The truth is, they can't! The borg's 'uniqueness' derives from the very things you mention. Take them away and what do you have? Well, the so-called 'wicked' churches of christendom would seem a better option.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Your movement may do well with it's own discussion board. There are many free boards you can use. As far as the society finding out why should you care? You can use handles rather than real names.

Seriously, OP, the internet is a powerful tool. Communication is the way for any movement to gain momentum. I have to agree, if you are really trying to start a movement, members going around getting DFd is going to seriously subvert the movement, because they'll lose contact with potential members.

You can create a free discussion forum as the other poster suggested. If you're worried, go to the public library and do it there, so the IP address won't be traced to you. Then talk online using a pseudonym and don't say anything that could identify you as a person.

If you want to start a website, you can do that too and they won't be able to find you out. Go to one of the free sites (freeservers.com or 50megs.com for example), and don't register a domain name. Just use whatever free one is available to you. Registering a domain name is what will get you found out.

Why not just cut the umbilical cord altogether and start living your own lives?

I imagine the answer to that must be that they're trying to save others from the Borg.

• Hondo
    Hondo

jwfacts said:

"Drop Armageddon doom and gloom, drop the guilt, drop the blood doctrine, ease up on disfellowshipping, give room for the conscience, and it would not be such a bad religion to be part of."

This is so true. In fact, I think if one were to go back and review most of the original pre-1930 doctrine/teachings (DFing offenses of today) of the society, you would find an orgainization very close, with exception of door-to-door, to just an normal/ordinary Christian type evangelical sola scriptura belief group (celebrating holidays, believing Jesus died on the cross, trinity beliefs, no blood restrictions, and so for and so on...) Rutherford, Knorr and Franz started the JW's on their current radical/cultish path... and why? Contol, control, control....

Have a wonderful day.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    you would find an orgainization very close, with exception of door-to-door, to just an normal/ordinary Christian type evangelical sola scriptura belief group (celebrating holidays, believing Jesus died on the cross, trinity beliefs, no blood restrictions, and so for and so on...)

No, no, no!

It would still contain Russell's spiritism and pyramidology - things which certainly aren't in 'mainstream' christianity.

It would also include the whole endtimes theology; again this is not in the mainstream teachings.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I can't agree at all with you Ozziepost and Honda.

JWfacts has it right: "But it is a unique Org due to the Trinity teaching. So it can survive for the non-trinitarian worshipper with emphasis on conscience as the Underground movement appears to be pushing."

If you strip away absolutely everything re chronology, 1914, blood doctrine, shunning, false prophecies, etc,etc there are 3 main doctrines that will always set JW's apart as very distinct from broader Christendom:

Non-trinitarian (monotheistic)

Mortality of the soul

2 hopes for mankind - heavenly and earthly.

I didn't include their anti-hellfire belief as many churches in Christendom have gone away from a literal hellfire teaching, even some fundamental churches.

There are other groups with a similar framework of doctrine, but they are few and far between.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Fair enough yaddayadda, but how about this one from your list:

2 hopes for mankind - heavenly and earthly.

How can you retain this teaching and shelve the others? That was the dilemma old Joe Ratherflawed had and why he brought in the two hopes in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit