Underground Reformed JW movement

by RealNewLight 61 Replies latest jw friends

• RealNewLight
    RealNewLight

This is a movement which has been growing slowly but steadily among young people in spanish and portuguese speaking congregations in the United States. Basically it is a movement created by Winesses who believe in much of the teachings of the organization, but do not believe in the authority of the WTS, or any other body. They also do not believe in Disfellowshiping, and believe that EVERY decision should be a personal conscience matter. Debate and questioning should be welcomed, and their is a recognition that our interpretation of "The truth" is just that, an interpretation, and could be incorrect but it is what we get out of it and what we undestand at this point in time. We believe that debate and questioning when studying the Bible helps each person to get a better understanding of what they themseleves believe, and therefore apply. It is our goal to very slowly and subtly change the WTS from the inside, rather than the outside. These members are very descreet, and even when caught, it is very difficult for Elders to DF them, because they are asked (if they wish to of course) to "show remorse" for what they have done in order to slowly continue affecting change in the organization. If any of you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask them. Thanks.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This is good to hear. I understand that there is still WT growth in the hispanic populations. Do you give yourselves time to gather and share your ideas? How do you feel about recruiting new converts in to the society?

• minimus
    minimus

For some reason, I think this post is baloney.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sounds interesting, but I have to ask: Why bother? Isn't reforming the Watchtower like putting new wine into old wineskins?

The philosophy you describe sounds like most Christian churches, especially the non-denominational ones. Why fret and worry about the 'tower when you could just leave and go to one of them?

Not deriding, just asking.

Dave

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    For some reason, I think this post is baloney.

I'm wondering about this too, min. Perhaps our new poster can give us more reasons for wanting to post etc etc i.e. some personal experience?

• RealNewLight
    RealNewLight

jgnat: Yes, their is still alot of grown among hispanic communities. Most of the sharing and gathering of information is done online, but we do try to do as much of it as possible. And we would love to get new "recruits" but we understand that if others took note, the movement would be slapped down and would surely not survive. So rather than a large organized group, we try to promote just healthy discussions among those within their own congregations descreetly of course.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    their is still alot of grown among hispanic communities

A poignant slip!

• RealNewLight
    RealNewLight

The reason for posting is just to inform about its existance, and just to let people know that it can be done within their own congregations. I understand the skeptisizm, and it really doesnt matter. Im not claiming this is a huge movement, and its actually impossible for me or anybody to know how large it or small it is, but i can tell you that in my congregation their are 4 others who i speak to about this. And I know of 8 or 9 congregations in my area (I live in an area with MANY hispanic congregations) in which their are people who agree with this movement.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> Im not claiming this is a huge movement, and its actually impossible >> for me or anybody to know how large it or small it is

Judging by how many faders there are on this board, I'd have to guess the "movement" is very large indeed, though the individual members probably don't realize there's a movement out there at all. If you can get in contact with those individuals and help them unite, then more power to you!

Actually, focusing your efforts on those trying to escape already makes tons of sense to me. People not in the org aren't likely to join, and those without doubts already are unlikely to listen. Spread the seeds where the ground is fertile, sounds like a plan.

Dave

• RealNewLight
    RealNewLight

Yes dave, that is the hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit