cordelias first ever birthday!

by Cordelia 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

hey i keep forgetting but its my birthday tomorrow!

18th november i will be the big 30 (and i look about 11!)

i really wanted tobe completely open and celebrate it properly i never dreamt i'd be still in the position of living a double life and hiding my true feelings from my family (see my other thread)

I have just made a vow to myself that i will have it all sorted by christmass so i can be free to go out (i will have to get one of those baby trees i can stick in the cupboard!)

God all this is making me feel a tinsy bit guilty!

what was it like celebrating your first pagan things?

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi!
    Have a SUPER Happy Birthday!!!

Since it's your first birthday get a real decadent ultra-chocolate cake and put one candle on it for your first birthday.

Or better yet, make reservations at one of those restaurants where the wait staff sings "Happy Birthday" to people who ask for it, then arrange (somehow) to have your family and all their JW friends be there at the same time you are! That would be a great way to "out" yourself once and for all!

I've thought about doing that one myself...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

CyrusThePersian

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Cordelia,

Will you, or won't you? Only one day do decide!

Happy Birthday to (((((((You)))))))

• under74
    under74

Well first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I guess by the first holiday that I celebrated it felt like a wieght off. This isn't to say it's the same for everyone. I was not baptized and still a teen celebrating for the first time.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Cordelia -

I celbrated my first B-day when 50, after a lifetime in dubland. Just this past summer. I felt no guilt, didn't feel 'worshipped' at all, and we had a nice afternoon together with a few family and friends.

Enjoy.

Jeff

• luna2
    luna2

I wasn't even born-in and I'm finding myself feeling a bit guilty when I think about celebrating my birthday again or when I'm eyeing Christmas trees. Funny how, even when you know it's a load of garbage, you can't shake the JW conditioning right away.

I hope you have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Cordy!

• Jordan
    Jordan

Hope you have a great first birthday Cordelia. I still don't do much on my birthday, practically all my friends have known I'm a dub for years, so I guess they just assume I still don't celebrate. Doesn't bother me much though, I like to take a day out and just do something on my own. Although I was born on Valentines Day, so last B-Day I spent it with my GF, that was great too..

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

HAPPY Ist BIRTHDAY CORDY!!

what was it like celebrating your first pagan things?

How do you describe "freedom"?

hugs and the very best wishes possible,

Annie

• daystar
    daystar

Happy b-day hon!

I still don't really celebrate my b-day. I've had someone plan something for me only once in the past 14 years. I just don't put much emphasis on it. Now, my son is another story entirely.

Christmas, I've celebrated one way or another, every year since I left. It's become a lot easier over the years, but...

I find it just a bit hard to get into the spirit of any of the holidays I didn't celebrate growing up. I have to force myself to make plans for other people's b-days, for example. I have to make myself do the whole X-mas thing, though it doesn't seem as hard as for b-days.

When I first started celebrating them, there was just a tinge of guilt, but it passed quickly since I really didn't care for the religion anyway.

• Legolas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit