cordelias first ever birthday!

by Cordelia 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Well, there is no way I can outdo Legolas so: Happy Birthday! (imagine that done in graphics nicer than Legolas' for me, okay?)

AuldSoul

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Happy Birthday!!!

My birthday usually involves getting together with a couple of friends and bar hopping or getting saucy somewhere

My wife's b-day I make a much bigger deal out of. 2 years ago I took her to dinner and hockey (I know it doesn't sound romantic, but she really loves hockey). The hockey game was a suprise, she had no idea until we hopped off the MAX (light rail) at the stadium. The next year I got a bungch of her friends to meet us for drinks before the game, then took al of them to the hockey game with us! I think we ended up haveing a 4-5 day long birthday celebration. I told her every Dec 12th was going to be a national holiday, National Faerie Day (nickname).

Big Willy

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

PS - I would sing happy birthday for you, but who really wants a tone-deaf, big, crusty bald man (don't forget pierced & tattoo'd) serenading them on their birthday anyway?

But it's the thought that counts, right?

Big Willy

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Happy Birthday!!!

What's this about it being Pagan? That's a new one on me!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Happy birthday young lady - I can't believe you are only a few months behind me - you only look 19!

Maybe its celebrating them that makes you look older!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Happy birthday Cord.

Ahh to be 30 again...

• Simon
    Simon

Happy Birthday !

... "ya' old bag"

(I can't really talk, I'm way past 30 )

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Happy Birthday!!

Dave

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Happy Birthday To You....Happy Birthday To You....

Happy Birthday Dear Cordelia....

WG

• mdb
    mdb
    What's this about it being Pagan; That's a new one on me!

Actually, birthdays are not pagan but, the Watchtower teaches they are because they say the only two instances where birthdays are mentioned in the bible are of wicked men and they both had someone killed on their birthday. Pharaoh's birthday in Gen 40:20 - had the chief butler hanged; Herod's birthday in Matt 14:6 (Mk 6:21) - had John the Baptist beheaded.

Of course, this does not prove whatsoever that birthdays are evil, only that these men who are mentioned here did evil things on their birthday. The Watchtower is reading something into the text that is not there.

Enjoy your birthday! It's a celebration of the day God gave you life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit