They saw my Xmas tree! What do I say?

by Rayvin 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

This is what I am worried will be going through my mind in less then a month.

I have always wanted a big christmas tree but since i was a full fledged JW till 5 yrs ago I never had one.

I just last year was able to get a small table top tree for christmas. It was nice..but mainly hideable if Jw parents or in-laws or just door-knockers stopped by. I now want a 4.5 ft one..it needs to fit all the ornaments.Not to mention all the presents.

My brother suggests me saying if anyone we don't want to see it does.."Telling them 'I am no longer one of Jehovahs Witnesses' should do it"

I am sure it would..but it would also bring up a big discussion. He thinks i am trying to soft sell it to them. And maybe I am. I know I am gonna need alot of info in my head that day to back up my decisions to them. I want to go for the.. almost everything has a pagan origin and since its no big deal anymore..this (xmas) isn't a big deal to me anymore. And..so many things are just WRONG with the JWs beliefs and actions..etc I just can't hold onto the blind belief that no matter what i read or how much proof i find.. that JWs are always right.

Can you guys help me? I don't want to just ..Stab them in the heart and say.. thats how it is..deal with it.

• blondie
    blondie

Is your husband a JW? If not, blame it on him.

Blondie

• Emma
    Emma

"This isn't a Christmas tree; it's a Saturnalia tree."

I guess you just have to make up your mind and go with it. There's no getting around them or explaining. Weigh the consequences of both decisions and choose how you want to live.

Emma, of the it's easy for me to say class.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

He is Df'd. His mom is full fledged JW. She wont even celebrate Thanksgiving. She is now trying to turn our fave Aunt into becoming one..and she has already had a study and went to the meeting last Sunday. She is the Aunt that always has a big to-do on Xmas. Kids..grandkids..crafts..food and loads of fun.

He is the one more worried about people seeing the tree. I just want to be prepared for when/if they do.

• daystar
    daystar
    I know I am gonna need alot of info in my head that day to back up my decisions to them. I want to go for the.. almost everything has a pagan origin and since its no big deal anymore..this (xmas) isn't a big deal to me anymore. And..so many things are just WRONG with the JWs beliefs and actions..etc I just can't hold onto the blind belief that no matter what i read or how much proof i find.. that JWs are always right.

The problem as I see it, for the record here, is that it really doesn't matter how you rationalize it. You are not going to convince any JW of anything. Christmas has many, many rather overtly pagan trappings to it. You may not have a problem with it. I don't. But they do.

(BTW, I am Rayvin's brother.)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"...as God is my Jehovah's Witness, I have no idea how that awful thing got in my living room."

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Sixofnine

lol

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Tell them it's a conscience matter,just like birthdays,easter,hallowe'en,...beards and blood fractions.

Goldminer

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

What can they say...the tree speaks for itself.

You probably woulnd't have to say a thing....LOL!

When my darling husbands mother who is a mega Witness showed up and we had a Christmas Tree....she didn't say a thing. She didn't even acknowledge it.

The second year, she said something to the effect of pretty tree.

WG

• jstalin
    jstalin

Just say it's your Lucifer tree. That should get rid of 'em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit