I NEED YOUR INPUT ON THIS ASAP..

by Mary 56 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

It's me - Walter

Oh How could I forget ((((HUGS))) You come on in a diferent name !!! do you expect an old lady to read minds??? I dont even know what my own mind is doing

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I think that he wants to bang you!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Mary,

My very good friend lives 3500 miles away from me and I see her once a year...so the miles apart doesn't really mean anything to me.

I'd just go if it were me. If he doesn't want to be your friend because you don't believe as he does then its really his loss. To me, it would be like saying I'm sorry I can't be your friend because your a Democrat and I'm a Republican....silly. Especially if you're both good people.

As I said in my post before, if he started talking about the society...I'd say something like I know all about that..I can read that or hear about it at the meetings...How are you doing? Tell me how you and _____ are doing? How are the kidlets? How's work?

If he asks you directly about your beliefs, I'd tell him that is between you and Jehovah God and you don't feel comfortable speaking to him because you know him so well...you'd rather speak to someone more impersonal....etc.

Go....you'll feel badly if you don't.

WG

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Knowing how the gossip goes around I bet he knows you're not in anymore and is probbably gonna spend half the dinner giving you "word of encouragement" But if he is still the cool guy you remember him as he may just want to see you.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Go for it...he's the one with a problem if he's still a JW. Let him see first hand how good it is for you to be in the truth after many years as a JW!

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

mary i alway read you posts and enjoy your nerve. in fact your one of my favorite posters here because of your outspoken-ness . i say go for it. and if he gives you shit. shut him down. and control the conversation . and leave when you had enough. but go with the intent to just enjoy , an old friendship. you know what to do if he starts acting like a wt zombie. have fun and don't be nervious... john

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hey Mary - felt the need to post again...

One thing I have picked up from your posts is that your an intelligent and gutsy lady. So trust your gut and what you know already and go with that.

Last week I happened to run into a really loyal diehard dubbie from my old congregation at the supermarket. I felt really apprehensive about talking to her. You could see that she was feeling uncomfortable as well. Anyway she blurts out 'I haven't been to a meeting in 8 months'! I was really surprised. So I told her how I haven't been to one in almost 2 years. Instantly you could see the apprehension fade. I don't know her reasons and she doesn't know mine. but if we run into each other again maybe we can chat more.... But does this story have a point? Yes! And its this...

Sometimes you just don't know how peoples attitude towards the JW religion is. They may very well have changed themselves. Even the more die hard ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit