Need to vent: Wife just went in full cult mode, huge fight. she is so brainwashed

by goingthruthemotions 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    So they can't be a witness of Jehovah AND a witness of Jesus?

Please provide a Scripture that says Jesus' apostles claimed to be witnesses of Jehovah?

Why does it matter which name was chosen? 

THIS:

Acts 4:11-12

The stone despised by you builders,

who has become the cornerstone.

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

@Honesty

Jesus made whose name known?

John 17:26 says "and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known,"

Do you think Jesus would have thought his own name** would be more important that God's?

** Many say that we shouldn't use the name Jehovah as it is the anglicized name of Yahweh and even then we don't know how it was pronounced. Well, in that case, we shouldn't use the name Jesus either. We should be calling him Yehoshua or Yeshua (i.e. Joshua). Why is it appropriate to use the the English name that originated from the Latin form of a Greek name (Iesous) but not Jehovah?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

People in the org often fail to see the ration ship between jdubs and other things they find appalling. Like radical islamists, super isolated groups like the amish, or dangerous Jim Jones type cults. But this is one of the most powerful and common DNA ' s of undue control. Intolerance of questioning doctrine. To accessing outside information that doesn't come from within, in Islamic extremism it has a clear horrible effect. .. but in the dubs isn't this also destructive in its own way? She will leave you for simply having a questioning mind.  Something the dubs incorrectly pride themselves on. "Prove to yourself it's the truth... from our literature and opinions ONLY!" I feel you pain. I have the fights etc. But my only difference is she told me I can do what I want she won't leave. Which is surprising, but the only thing we fight about is this GDamn religion. Thomas straight doubted jesus no??? He was not treated as an apostate? I'd use that but its hard to make my defenses based on something I consider a fairytail

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

she won't reason...not even from her own source. it's not looking good. please pray for me...i need the strength. i talk to my counselor today. 

right now i am taking it slow. but, i am pretty sure it's over. 

thanks for everyones comments.....one day at a time is all i could do.

joining this cult was the worse mistake of my life....if i could turn back time!

shalom

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    @ heisenberg

Jesus stated to his followers that they would be witnesses of him, (his works, teachings, & sacrifice) not witnesses of his Father! Was he being presumptious? (Acts 1:8)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh man....I hear you!

I genuinely feel for you and your family.

It is certainly not an easy road once our eyes have been opened to "TTATT".

So we are left with a choice: keep living a lie, or stand up and be true to the facts....

Sadly, most witnesses would rather convince themselves of the lie, rather than face real TRUTH!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    My wife also said she didn't want to be married to an unbeliever. I replied I understood her reaction because of my sudden exit from the WT. I told her my love for her was not dependent to my affiliation to the WT and that she should really think about it because the next time she expressed her will to no longer be married to me it would be the last. I was ready to move on and live alone because I could no longer live prisoner of the cult. It took 2 years for things to settle but today I can say we are both well adjusted to our new reality. If you really love each other your marriage can survive and you both can still find happiness. 
  • KateWild
    KateWild

GTTM,

Oh dear. I am so sorry this happened. Your wife know clearly how you feel and she obviously wants to get it all out into the open. It's awful this argument happened in front of the kids.

I really feel for you. It really looks like divorce may be on the cards, unless you fake it for her which I don't think you will. Besides it won't be any good for the kids if they already know how you feel and that WT is breaking up their family.

Think things through clearly and try not to have a messy future. My divorce was a nightmare and if I can help you in any way to make things smoother for you I will.

Thinking of you GTTM.

Take care 

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild
    My husband who was an elder at the time was doubting and I gave him heck over it and it was the beginning oof the end for us.  I am now out, he is still in and remarried to another JW sister.- whathappened

OMG what a total hypocrite. So he is in and lying to his new wife, or is he out and living in a divided household. Whatever he did his life must suck now either way.

Kate xx

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Sorry for your pain.  Hang in there.  There may be hope.  At some time it me be time to get out.  Set the example for  your kids so they see you as reasonable, if you can't save your marriage, your example through this will make an impact on them.

@Heisenberg

You quote John 17:26 says "and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known," ... think about it though ... where in the Bible is there evidence that this was literal?  Where in the Sermon on the Mount did Jesus take any opportunity to make the name Jehovah YWHW known?  Not a single mention!  Of all opportunities wouldn't this have been the one?

... or, perhaps, just as God's name was made known through Moses (not literally, but by action ... check out your Insight book) it was defined by Jesus.  Jesus name = Jehovah is Salvation or Jah Saves .... so the name of Jesus makes God's name know as salvation, not a literal making it known, but defined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit