Need to vent: Wife just went in full cult mode, huge fight. she is so brainwashed

by goingthruthemotions 53 Replies latest jw friends

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

out of the blue my wife started to ask me about my feeling about the BORG. i told her i didn't want to talk about it...she persisted. she already knows how i feel,  i told her that my biggest beef is that they use mind control, and yep she went in to how i was an apostate and how she doesn't want to be married to an apostate. I said yep, they don't use mind control. you are just saying things they want you to say. no mind control here. 

well pretty much, it looks like the washtowel is taking down another family. she said well why did you join in the first place. i said, well if i would have know you were going to put the BORG over your family, i would have never joined.  

i told her i thought we were getting spiritual about jesus and jehovah. not the BORG, there not part of the 3 fold cord.

i truely hate that cult. 

worse mistake i ever made was joining this cult.....if i could turn back time.

thanks for listening....i have appt with my counselor tommorrow. Sad things is our kids heard it all...i talk with my older boy about it, he sees what that cult is doing to his family and hates them for it. both actaully feel that way.

shalom

• whathappened
    whathappened

Ouch!  This sure doesn't sound good!  I remember a time when I felt the same exact way your wife does right now.  My husband who was an elder at the time was doubting and I gave him heck over it and it was the beginning oof the end for us.  I am now out, he is still in and remarried to another JW sister.

I sincerely hope you can work this out.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

doesn't look promising....I all could think of is...i wish i would have never joined this cult 6 years ago. if i would have know it was going to destroy my family. 

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Hang in there. It's diabolical what these self-serving GB assholes let happen on their watch in the name of God. Seriously it's psychotic. How could they let people ruin their lives and their family's lives to worship them. They will even let you die for them. And they judge "worldly" people? What a joke.

Probably better not to allow yourself to be provoked by the cult personality in your wife. I know it's easier said than done. I'm in the same boat. It's such a long ass chess game.

Make occasional digs when the cult persona isn't full blown. Tonight my wife said she didn't want to watch this particular nature program on TV because it showed violent animal attacks in the wild. She said that is not how they were created and so she doesn't want to see it. At that moment the screen had an alligator with all his teeth showing. I said "those teeth aren't for eating grass". Silence...............

little bit at a time. 

Hang in there.....

-TE

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    Yet, they want Jehovah to destroy the people who are not witnesses? This truely sucks....i am beside myself. i talk with counselor tomorrow. I truely hate the watchtower orginization.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

hang in there. Que Sera Sera. 

My mom went into cult mode tonight over the phone. [redacted]

She started blabbing about Holy Spirit, and I shut down and just started parroting the party line. Felt like such a hypocrite afterwards. 

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Bring up 1 corth 13:13 and how its supposed to be Love then faith. And don't forget to bring up the teachings of Jesus. Love everyone not just your goodie tooshoo brothers matt chapters 5-6 There is no love in the cult, everyone in it is on anti-depressants.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Org-controlled Minions will not tolerate any reasonings which put their indoctrination & their seven mediators in a bad light - even when shown conclusive Scriptures from their "silver sword".

When I explained to my closest Witness friend & his wife that 25 Christian Greek Scriptures clearly state that Christians must witness for Christ, and yet Rutherford chose a single Hebrew Scripture to proclaim that Christians were to be witnesses of Jehovah, and re-branded them as such - he simply said that he'd accept the one verse over the 25!!!

You cannot reason with such numbed and blinded minds - they will either have to decide for themselves to examine and test the "inspired expressions" coming out of the frogs' mouths in Brooklyn, or be shocked into reality by their G.B.'s draconian directives.

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Posted by The Searcher

25 Christian Greek Scriptures clearly state that Christians must witness for Christ, and yet Rutherford chose a single Hebrew Scripture to proclaim that Christians were to be witnesses of Jehovah, and re-branded them as such

So they can't be a witness of Jehovah AND a witness of Jesus? Why does it matter which name was chosen?

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    GTTM.    Hang in there.       A lot of us are in the same situation.     I have taken a break from trying to teach my wife TTATT and am playing nice for the time being.     I overreached too quickly a few months back and she came close to going to the elders.        I have no intention of letting the Borg split up my wonderful little family.    It can be a long slow game of chess.         I too hate this cult.    

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit