Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...

by Crumpet 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Its Wednesday evening, I'm alone and in need of distraction and am curious about my new and old fellow posters. So I was wondering if you would reveal what makes you different from the next person in terms of your hobbies. What are little known facts about you? What are your hobbies/passions/interests? If you find yourself with an evening alone to kill what are you likely to do to pass the time and entertain yourself - outside of this board?

I'd be intrigued and delighted to know an answer to any of these or all.

Let us get to know each other a little more...

crumpet x

• Jordan
    Jordan

Well, I'm headed down the pub in a while for that pub quiz, but until I leave, er, little known fact. I've got burn scars down my left arm, a pint of boiling milk was spilt on me when I was a baby. Music is my life, I work in a record store, and I both love and hate my job at the same time. I'm studying a degree in computer software development, but I'm currently about 7 weeks behind with assignments. I'm single, and have been for coming up on four months now. er, hobbies, apart from listening to music, I started going snowboarding a few weeks ago, I've really enjoyed it but haven't had a chance to go for a while... er, that's all I got for now..

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

• Songwriting
    • Playing guitar
    • Music snob. Most people would say I'm a music snob because I love to talk about and introduce people to bands no one has heard of. You know .. the elitist college radio types. But I'm not really. I am just more of an enthusiast. I like a lot of top 40 and a lot of the "bling" rappers and stuff.|
    • Running. I have run two marathons. I haven't had time to run as much lately but hope to soon. I need to lose about 15 lbs.

-ithinkisee

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I would spend time drinking wine and quilting...that is if none of my little munchkins were home.

WG

• daystar
    daystar

Hmmm... I love photography and have since I was very young. I used to run out before my mother took us to school to take Polaroids of the sunrises. I have a digital now, and need to spend more time with it, although I have tons of photos of my son.

I used to read tons of books. I find I have less of a desire to nowadays.

I was really into Live Action Roleplaying Games (LARPs) for several years. I played Amtgard as a healer. I was quite good wielding double daggers and could rattle off my "stun" spell faster than just about anyone.

I've been engaged three times, only one of which ended up in marriage. It probably shouldn't have.

I tend to generally get along better with people years my senior than people my own age. I always have.

When I was 21 I dated, all too briefly, a 40 year old woman. It was fantastic for both of us! But, the age difference was too much and we both knew it was not to last. Her middle child, her daughter, was only two years younger than I was. Funny, it didn't seem to really bother any of her kids that we dated.

I love my son so much that sometimes I think my heart might burst. His mother infuriates me.

I used to write poetry all the time. I haven't written a piece in probably a decade. I suspect that I lost my muse back there, somewhere.

Uhhh, that's all for now. What about you?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I love knitting, reading horror books, hiking & rollerblading

If I’m alone in the evening and not online, I’m usually knitting or reading. Okay sometimes I’m watching the cooking channel

But I’m a total closet nerd; my husband loves to haze me about what a dork I really am.

A weird thing about me that bothers a lot of people I know, is that I hate to plan things; I like to just do whatever I want whenever I want to do it……

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

misanthropic - a woman after my own heart. a closet anorak as we might say over here - it kind of covers anyone with tastes that aren't the norm or more alternative. I love horror too - i was a keen reader of stephen king, shaun hutson, bram stoker, etc when i left the troof - i couldn't get enough!

Jordan - I hope we are steadying your nerves a little!

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, you are, thanks...

Daystar, any tips for budding photographers like myself?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

As I was typing a reply lightning hit and I lost power.

Everyone knows I had open heart surgery 3 years ago to replace my mitral valve (otherwise I'd be long dead by now).

This June I was diagnosed with bilateral radial palsy... meaning my hands and fingers don't work right. Before that I was an avid golfer and played guitar in a band called The Siege Perilous.

Married a JW girl at 20. Divorced at 31. Have a new girl who is absolutely wonderful but we're 300 miles away from each other and neither of us has a car. :(

These days most of my time is spent trying to get Temporary Assistance and social security benefits, posting and reading on JWD by hovering my hands over the keyboard and dropping them hoping my pointer finger hits the right keys (and begging Simon to increase my posting limits, I'm still only given 25 a day), and reading books (I'm on Jarhead now, next is a biography of Henry Rollins). I'm also a lucid dreamer, but usually don't sleep a lot, and that lightning must've hit something big cause there's loud sirens, my cable is out (so I had to dialup via AOL... slower than a turtle, and my firefighter neighbors just sped off.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I work for the government as a network administrator.

I enjoy cooking, and the subsequent eating.

I like to hike, camp, hunt, fish, and ride my motorcycle.

I spend most of my free time hanging out with my cockatoo.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit