elder shock

by gladdy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• gladdy
    gladdy

Just heard arwens ex has become an elder in nova scotia. What a joke, he was abusive and kidnapped the children / put her and the kids though hell......... a real jerk..... and he is the one some poor soul will go to for guidance! This cult makes up their own rules as they go along. His children have nothing to do with him now. Arwen also had a visit from an elder who wants to come and have a meeting with her and bring another jw with hi, of course,,,,,,! She is pretty exhausted from the conversation and he also gave her a letter to read about believing apostates and the UN, etc. They still have such a power to make or break your day. I wish something would come out in the news about this cult. send her some hugs and flowers, you guys!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh my gawd say it ain't so!

They have to be pretty desperate over there in Nova Scotia!

And people I know this idiot...I pioneered one year and there was only about 10 of us so I was often put with him...HE IS AN IDIOT!

I am just lost for words!

• gladdy
    gladdy

I knew you wouldn't be far behind legolas, I think she is gone to bed, mentally drained.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Arwen, Hope tomorrow's better..

Cellist

• Es
    Es

Oh the poor darling, big hugs.

es

• greendawn
    greendawn

Often dubs become elders for the mere reason that they have family members that are influential elders or are otherwise well connected, their been chosen has nothing to do with maturity and spirituality, while other more capable but less connected individuals are often bypassed.

As for talking about "apostate" ideas it's always convenient that they are always not allowed to express their ideas in a face to face confrontation with the dubs. Obviously if a third party can't hear both parts of the debate he can't judge correctly who is right and who is wrong.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Arwen, I hope things get better for you soon

Love, Linda

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

That is horrible. Leave it Jehovah's Organisation to make the least qualified people to be in charge of the flock.

I hope this other Elder will leave Arwen alone. I can't imagine she would want to hear their silly reasoning to explain their faults.

Big hugs to her,

WG

• Mary
    Mary

Well if it's any comfort, I just found out that one of the elders in my area used to beat the holy hell out of his wife when they lived in another city. That's probably a prerequisite these days.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    And people I know this idiot...I pioneered one year and there was only about 10 of us so I was often put with him...HE IS AN IDIOT!

I have a cousin who is an elder - he's an idiot too. I wonder, is being an idiot a standard requirement for elder? No offense to the exelders here.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit