Lurker comes out of hiding : )

by happy1975 33 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

I know I'm new and all, but shouldn't you be out somewhere banging on doors insead of associating with a bunch of apostates? ; Just asking ; : )

Nice. I am banging on your door now

D.

Now I get IT!.....! D is putting in his field service time on this board.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Welcome!

At that point in time when she comes up aginst the non-bibical unbending rules of the WT, she may recall what you tell her, perhaps it will help. All you can do is plant the seed. The WT will water it, and maybe, just maybe it will grow.

• happy1975
    happy1975

Thank you all so much for your thoughtful responses. I e-mailed back to her and I feel good about what I was able to say (with your help). You guys rock - but I already knew that!

-Happy

• Honesty
    Honesty

Ask her if the WTBTS will allow her to worship Jesus as His disciples did? Then when she says they did 'obeisance' to him ask her what proof does the WT have of that other than their own NWT where they translated prokuneos as worship in every instance except when it referred to Jesus. The Kingdom Interlinear was one of the best publications the WTS ever produced.

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board, i think sending her here is enuf to get her started

all the best

es

• mouthy
    mouthy

My advise would be to leave her alone.

defd!!! Do I have to remind you again! READ Watchtower Jan 15th 1974

When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends ,is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning ,They may even resent it..But does that free one from the moral resposiblilty to give that warning?

Yes WE must warn who ever calls at out door & tells us to get on the WT Ark......

• atypical
    atypical

Welcome!

I would start with her assumption that only JWs live a clean, moral, upstanding way of life. I would use jw tactics against her; start with a common ground, which is the fact that you also place a high importance on such a moral way of living. Then I would ask her a question, like "has someone been able to prove to you from the bible that the watchtower organization is god's only approved group of people on the earth?" Then recommend that she prove that fact to herself before dedicating her life to an organization. Ask her if she understands what her position will be if the society ever changes it stance on something she feels strongly about. Will she be allowed freedom of thought, if she can solidly back up her opinion? Or will she face possible expulsion if she does not follow the watchtower's new outlook?

Then back off and let her know you are available if she has any questions.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Hi Happy -

Welcome to the Board. This was an 'entertaining' post.

I know you've already responded to the JW-to-be, but couple things come to mind.

As someone who was 'raised in the truth' isolated from all those filthy worldly people, I really resented my parents and other adult converts who would tell stories of wonderful holidays and fun times with family at birthdays and such. And the fun and excitement of dating. These are 'normal' things that they obviously found contributed to a relatively happy childhood. Witness kids get none of that.

But we survive.

I don't know if I got that she understands that she will be expected to shun her children if they choose not to become JWs or, worse, get baptized and THEN decide to not be JWs. I'm not sure that she is that aware of how her words have been prepared for her and how this will most likely become a reality ten years (or whatever) from now. Might make sense to ask: 'what if... your children do not accept the 'truth'. Will you be willing to disown and shun them?'

Does she really think that it is impossible to have a moral compass without JWs? I know of so many moral people - and incredibly moral, fun-loving, honest teenagers. People have lived principled lives for centuries without the witness factor.

My guess is that she may have a wild past and doesn't know how to raise her kids in a way to avoid that craziness (and heartache??) so she will pass that responsibility on to the wise and loving local elders. (*gag me*) It's easier that way. Actually, the more I think about this aspect, the rest of her comments seem to make sense to me too.... hmmm

Enjoyed the thread and look forward to more posts from your little corner.

btw - You have a pm (personal message) If you haven't already figured it out, find your name at the upper left corner of this page. Below your name you will see the link to your 'Inbox'. Click the link to find your message(s).

Thanks again.

-Aude.

• Purza
    Purza

Just wanted to add my welcome to you happy. I agree with Daystar about just speaking the truth without malice. When I read COC I didn't feel animosity coming from the pages, but someone who honestly had something to tell and because of that I was pulled into the book and wanted to read more. I hope that you are able to help her see where she could be making a mistake, but if not, its just because she was probably too far along to begin with.

Best to you.

Purza

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

she sounds like shes been love bombed!!! The usual borg tactic, smother them in niceties until they think theyre in, then start chipping away, chip chip chip... Take a note of her email, im pretty sure when shes at the point where shes taking Aropax for the fug of depression shes in, and she hasn't any true friends left, she'll email you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit