Holy Crap! Star Trek's Sulu is gay!

by Elsewhere 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My gut has always told me he was gay

I am glad that he is at a point where he feels OK to let the world know.

Trying to hide the truth is just too exhausting to do

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Oh come on now, that effeminate gay image is just a worn-out media sterotype... we are capable of acting perfectly normally y'know... it just shows that when someone is gay you just cannot really tell...

It ain't just the media. You have to tell the guy's that I work with that. They are too funny! "Oh, I broke my nail." (in a try to be feminine voice) He cracks me up! He says that he and his lover both act like girls...(but something about one being the "driver") Whatever that means?? His partner is a drag queen.

And as one poster said before so much for "gaydar"...

I can be SHOCKED if I want to! At least, I'm telling the truth!

Maybe, I need some how not to be shocked when I find out something new about a movie star classes!

Why are some people trying to discipline me? What'd I say?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    I'd like to know what Gretchen thinks...

Huh? Me?

Actually I'm surprised this is news these days. I wish all the gay actors would come out of the closet!

As to the person that said "is there a strong anti-gay sentiment" on this board, I would say that the moderators do a fairly good job of keeping people civil, although problems do surface. Its not the outspoken ones that scare me, its the ones that hide it.

Sherry

• inquirer
    inquirer

Not a Star Trek fan (I am of the other bread -- Doctor Who.) and I don't agree/like with what they do in private (after all I am ____ [hetero] but some gay people are pretty cool. Like Rob Halford (Anthrax), Elton John, Freddie Mercury... there are probably heaps of gay people out there that are fine actors... The producter of Doctor Who -- John Nathan-Turner was suppose to be gay -- But even though criticized a lot, I thought he did the best he could with his era. Kurt Cobain (was he bi... not sure?) But anyway, gay people can be really interesting -- Just don't agree with what they do in private! :|

• avishai
    avishai
    But anyway, gay people can be really interesting -- Just don't agree with what they do in private! :|

Yeah, but here's the thing. Do you know what your straight friend's kink's are? How do you know your married buddy from work is'nt just running around after at home wearin rubber leiderhosen screaming "Somebody's gonna have to Spank me!!"? No, it's a non-issue. We don't even think about it.

Really, it's funny, straight people engage in basically the same sex acts (anal. oral) but we don't get all bent outta shape about it, do we?

PS, Takei set off my gaydar YEARS ago. This is a page from "No duh!!" magazine.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Next you'll be telling us Robbie Williams is gay!

CF (of the 'Dr Who is better than Star Trek' class)

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

What didn't anyone else notice that one of the screens on his instrument panel was obviously a GAYDAR

take a look at some of the original episodes.

-Eduardo

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    It ain't just the media. You have to tell the guy's that I work with that. They are too funny! "Oh, I broke my nail." (in a try to be feminine voice) He cracks me up! He says that he and his lover both act like girls...(but something about one being the "driver") Whatever that means?? His partner is a drag queen.

LOOL... I admit that it aint JUST the media, but i believe the media heavily influences the way gay people feel about ourselves. I've seen a fair share of "camp" (effeminate) gay people in my time, but there's nothing intrinsic in us that makes us act effeminate.

My own actions are quite maculine, and when i tell people im gay their first reaction is "but you're not al all camp"... I'm not saying i don't have my moments, but they're very rare amd they're usually comic incidents.

Just don't agree with what they do in private!

I don't agree with what you do in private either...... so we're even.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit