Holy Crap! Star Trek's Sulu is gay!

by Elsewhere 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetsevda
    sweetsevda

my goodness i never suspected him to be that way thats horrible

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I was surprised too. Good for him for coming out though.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

i wonder how much fun howard stern will get out of this, as he's implied takei's gayness for a long time

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Why is anyone surprised? He's been taking his boyfriend to conventions for years.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Who cares ? He was a good actor, this changes nothing. Remember...HE was always gay !

The good & different thing is: He finally felt comfortable enough to 'come out' after all these years.

I think that says a lot about the maturing attitudes of the public in the U.S.

Rabbit

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Takei, a Japanese-American who lived in a U.S. internment camp from age 4 to 8, said he grew up feeling ashamed of his ethnicity and sexuality. He likened prejudice against gays to racial segregation.

"It's against basic decency and what American values stand for," he said.

A community activist, Takei ran for the Los Angeles City Council in 1973. He serves on the advisory committee of the California Civil Liberties Public Education Program and is chairman of East West Players, the theater company producing "Equus."

And he's a good contributing citizen and so what he has a different sexual persuasion than most I see nothing wrong or upsetting or shocking about this. When will we get over the whole gay thing?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

i love gay people... they are quick to compliment, gratious, generous, polite... i wish we could get over the shock of someone declaring they are homosexual and welcome their honesty and freedom

• klinton
    klinton

Is there a strong 'anti-gay' element in here?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Very little shocks me these days, I was amazed but not shocked

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

as Ron White the comedian says:

We are all gay, its just to what extent we are!

Who cares really, gays have the right to marry just like us straight-lings! Why shouldn't they be nagged to death like the rest of us!

plus I hate labels like Gay, whats wrong with "human"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit