WHAT DUB THINGS WILL YOU NEVER FORGET?

by Mary 39 Replies latest jw friends

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

That they do as I say not as i do mentality!

Oh and scoping the DA with binoculars looking for hotties, shame they all looked like Maude Flanders. PLus they wouldn;t be interested in a spiritually weak chap such as myself, it must have been the pack of malboros pressing against my lapel badge that put em off.

The only thing i miss is corrupting the youth to think for them selves, i saved a few i reckon.

• Riverview
    Riverview

Its hard not to think everything is "Pagan" and is in "Satans control"

- Chris.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Saturday mornings, listening for my parents to get up for field service...hoping they'd stay in bed. Stepping into the drafty Hall with it's very wierd, unsettling vibes, always spooky to me. Being so tired on a school night and having to wait around on my dad to come out of another late elder's meeting, trying to finish homework in the car under the streetlight. Forcing myself to chat up phony-friendly people to kill time till we could go home. Being instructed to make at least two comments at the Witchtower study, or dad would be SO disappointed I wasn't setting the example for the other kids; freezing up when the microphone(specially priveleged)guy came, and I couldn't think of anything deep and spiritual to wow them with. Bookstudy groups, where it was even harder to avoid participating cuz there were only 10 people there and five were snoring! Getting the evil eye for lip syncing the songs. Boredum! Always daydreamed how the speaker might look naked.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Muffin Eggs...

The smell of piss in the mens room (Dub men can't "aim")

Alpha Bitch Elderettes

The negative mindset

GUILT

No oral sex...etc.

"These are a few of my fay-vo-rite things..."

u/d

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Matthew 6:33

The JW answer for everything, especially when you broke, unemployed and struggling and trying to support yourself when you are going through hard times. It got to where every time someone would quote me that scripture I wanted to hit 'em upside the head!

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Matthew 6:33

Now I've gotta go look that up...if I can find a Bible...

• Purza
    Purza

Someone said the word "myriad" the other day and I immediately thought of "myraid on myriad of brothers, all clad in rainment white, etc.". How sad is that.

Those jwism's hit when you least expect it.

Purza

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sorry to swipe this thread but MARY call me... Grace

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

1. Whenever I hear the word "pioneer" I will no longer be reminded of men with coonskin hats who built log cabins and ate bears in the wilderness.
    2. Those damn "muffin-eggs" they used to have at the conventions. Stupid tasteless egg-like substance with no yolk.
    3. "Repitition for emphasis."
    4. How to clean windows.
    5. Those damn tassels on the elders shoes.
    6. How to tie a windsor knot.
    7. Trenchcoats.
    8. Polyester.
    9. Getting a sore ass from sitting on cheap chairs.
    10. Going into coughing fits because of the airbourne fibre from cheap-ass carpeting.

W

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

The taste of warm flat Shasta cola and cheese danishes

The smell in the women's restroom at the Tacoma Dome

"testing...1..2..3.. this good news of the kingdom will be preached..(echo, echo)

"brooothers and siiisters. (echo echo..a baby wails in the distance..).. aren't we just thrilled to be here to share in the bountiful spiritual banquet that Jehovah has provided? clap clap clap clap clap clap

Bad association spoils useful habits

-Doodle-V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit