Scales falling from my eyes. (very long!)

by PoppyR 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hi Poppy,

I feel for you. I was in limbo like for a couple of years. It's not a nice place to be.

After a lifetime of Jw conditioning once we start to understand we feel as a limb has been severed.

Don't do anything drastic. Keep coming here. Read all you can. Educate yourself. In time you will come out of the quagmire and be able to see it through.

Take care of yourself

wannaexit (who is still trapped and working on getting out)

• FairMind
    FairMind
    how could a god who supposedly feels the way about us as I do about my children stand by and watch his creations crying out and drowning in the flood just because they did not do things his way.

Hello poppy! No doubt you are asking the same questions about the WTBTS that we all have and that is good. One word of caution, please do not equate WTBS (or any other religion) and its’ teachings with God or the truthfulness of Bible teachings. So many ex-JWs have done that and by doing that reject both the WTBTS and God.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Poppy, welcome! Like you, I have just begun my journey out of the watchtower, although none of my family are in. I have also been baptised 23 years, and am an ex - pioneer I notice you are from Leicester, I am just up the road in Derbyshire. I wish you well. I am glad to be on my way to freedom, but a little scared as well, I know all my friends in the org will shun me now, but I have one really good ex - witness friend who has big shoulders for me to lean on and probably cry on as well when I need to. It is so hard to come to the realisation that something you have built so much of your life around is so false, earth shattering really so take care and all the best for the future

al my love Linda

• Vestigia
    Vestigia

I remember being where you are. I was born into the org (my family is chock full of elders, pioneers, DOs, COs and even a pair of missionaries). I have gradually drifted away with my family (spouse andchildren) and we are always looking back in real amazement that we could have been so comitted to a belief system which crumbles at the touch of objective investigation. I never needed ollege or a good job since I was going to live forever and be perfect,,,just had to do a few years of service...to prove I was worthy.

It is a difficult journey, particularly with parents and family close by who are still in. I hope you will continue to investigate the claims of the WTBS objectively and compare intrepretation to what is actually written. The real truth will win out.

• mann377
    mann377

Hello Poppy! I don't make many post here although I have been around here a long time. I was moved by your situation and the doubts about the credibility of the WTBS. So I thought I would post my two cents worth. First, it sounds as if you want to leave the plantation (called the org). You need to lay some ground work and take stock of the situation you are in. For example you have a husband who is still in. Is he reasonable? How does he (or other family members) react to you missing the meetings? There are many post here about the best way to fade and fly under the radar of the elders (sometime known as the gestapo). As your powers of reason begin to come back, you will begin to see the WTBS in a much different light. Caution: do not become confrontational! This only feeds the feeding fenzy that the org has programed the dubs to engage in. Please keep posting as this will be a source help in your journey out to freedom. (note: freedom is not free)

• Nellie
    Nellie
    mann377: note: freedom is not free

Wow - that's a powerful statement!

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Hi

I like you took along time to leave as I didn't want to rock the boat or upset anyone. I pioneered was an MS but things just didn't fit so I left but it wasn't easy and my wife joined me soon after.

Believe it or not our lives have not fallen apart, our kids are not mental, instead we are thriving on the freedom from the borg which is great.

I wish you well and remember lifes a journey not a destination

Regards

BM

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Welcome to the Board Poppy! (((((((((((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))))))).

You give us all hope that people in the borg are waking up. Funny you ignored the internet warnings ... Bully for you! There's a wealth of information out here on the lies the Watchtower's been selling for the past 125 some odd years. Enjoy your reasearch but be warned that it is mindblowing all the secrets they've kept from you (you think 586 was a revelation ). And one more warning for you ... this web-site is addicting but it's a good thing.

sweet tee

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Hi Poppy,

There is nothing wrong with you. Your eyes are being open. It is a hard thing to seperate God from "religion". They are not the same!!

Keep at it and along with reading all that everyone has recommended..... read the bible fresh. Espeically the book of John.. You will find it sooo different from what you have been taught.....

AND.. don't do what I did. I lived in that limbo for close to 16 years. Never coming to terms with the fact they were indeed not the truth. Funny how we told all those people in service to test the scriptures to see if they had the truth... but we are not allowed to do so for ourselves. Don't buy that!! We all work out OUR OWN salvation. Don't let them work it out for you.

Keep us posted and vent away. Everyone is here for you. If this really becomes your quest.. be prepared for a roller coaster ride.

lots of hugs,

gold_morning

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

POP ((((()))))))

I went through the same "hell". So many here know exactly what you are going through and what you feel - 'cause we did it too!!!!!!

There is a similar story that ends happily. Can't 'member the name. It will come to me...

... oh yes! "BEING REAL".

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit