GOD, Who Is He and Why?

by RevFrank 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

God; Who Is He

Since the age of 15 I wanted to know who was God and why He was who He was. And since that day I've come to understand

this, God is Who He is because He is life.

I've come to understand Him as the Creator of all. Let me break it down as I see Him;...It's rough to explain God. Now as scriptures says it no one can really know Him, except to what He said He was. We've seen Him in His nature..in other words He shows us His nature, yet at the same time He never goes against His true nature.

He has told us He is God. Plus His personal name, and He has a few, is YHWH. Basically His name is not prnounceable.........

"for My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher then the earth, So are My ways higher then your ways, And My thoughts then your thoughts."----ISAIAH 55: 8,9----

So, no matter how much we try to figure out this God, we'll never make it. And since we are created with a, " Free Will," we'll continue to try to figure Him out and really never, ever, come to the right choice.

Before anything was created, as I understand it, This Supreme Being, had the intelligence to know that we had to have the smarts to know what a God was. So He put wisdom in our brain to learn what a God was.

Next step God had to create, in us, the ability to understand Him in simple terms, because we'll never have the ability to know all of who and what God is. The proof in that is we have a hard enough times in remembering a few dozen names and there are a thousand, thousands, sand on earth and thousands of stars in the heavens and God named them all and remembers their names.

God, as we know Him, that may not be the fullness of who He is, but God is because that's the way we've come to see Him. And if God can sit in the center of a bush and be on fire and never burn the bush now that's awsome.

As for His personal name....I've studied, done research, and tried to discover His personal name for over 40 years. I've read Hebrew, Greek, Latan, Arabic, and all of the ancient languages and the nearest thing I could ever come up with was....."IAM."

There is a scientific term of what I'm trying to say is, using Achems Razar----meaning the simplist solution is probably the right one.----

Another word for reaching God's personal name is, "ELOHEM." It's an ancient word meaning more then one. It very well could stand for Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Stop right there....you're thinking, "There he goes on a Trinity trip." I never meant it, yet you thought it. Well..I would think it. Trinity only means 3 in ancient latan. And if you really want to be confused..or not...you can only go back to ISAIAH 55:8,9.

No one really knows the true nature if God. Only the parts of God, God needs for you to understand Him. God doesn't want all of us to know Him fully, because He knows that we can't. God only wants us to Love Him half as much as He loves us.

Anyway that's how I see and understand God. One more thought on my opinion of the nature of God.......Why does God....the Father always remain invisible? Simple......

If the universe saw the true nature of God, the universe would vaporize in an instant. As the scripture teach it...."God is a firy force of pure energy." So if a single angel can destroy an entire army within minutes can you imagine or even fantasize the power of God?

PEACE

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

He is life

Then, would it not make sense to give attention to the vibrancy and presence of Life and beingness within you (right here, right now), rather than give credence to some silly old book written thousands of years ago which blatantly shrinks God down from the unending INFINITY of Life, into a fragment, a tiny and limited entity somewhere within life?

If God is Life, then what does that make you when all you believe yourself to be is taken away?

j

• kid-A
    kid-A

If god is a firey force of energy.....why does HE have a gender?????? Why would god need to be MALE??

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

There is a scientific term of what I'm trying to say is, using Achems Razar----meaning the simplist solution is probably the right one.----

Occam's Razor perfers the simplest, most economic, parsimonious explanation over other ones in instances like this where it is impossible to know conclusively, 100% SOMETHING. it's the explanation with the fewest assumtions that wins, like in this debate over the existence of god.

i am afraid that Occam's Razor puts the existence of God as less probable than his non-existence. meaning that it's most likely that god does not exist. i would be happy to break it down fo you if you want.

tetragod

• trevor
    trevor

RevFrank

Your best post yet.

Words do not always exactly define what we feel and understand but I see what you are trying to express.

• Carmel
    Carmel

an unknowable essence perhaps...

carmel

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

God is a woman! In fact, it's looking quite like Alanis Morissette. Haven't you seen Dogma?!

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

An interesting thought on infinity, JamesThomas. You think just a man could write the Ten Commandments? As an example of Joseph who fled when a married woman wanted him, yet those ten commandments weren't written yet.

And if God wasn't life nothing could be in existence. So if one's life was to expire, there's an intelligence greater then ourselves that is life could always bring that life back. Our example is the resurrection of Christ.

As for that silly book that was written ages ago supports that very life.

AS for, kid-A, as I said, it was my opinion, of what God maybe...As for this gender thing...God created male, female, to later stand for becoming one on union, So God declared Himself to be a male because He was head to emphasis that we all have a chain of command. God, Himself, the creator, was head of all. Therefore the Father.

Sapian, it is true that man will never fully understand God. God said Himself in Isaiah that no man will be able to completely know Him, but only in what He has already said.Anyone can create an arguement on the existence of God. That's why faith comes into play. It must be faith in order to believe. No belief brings on doubt. Achems Razar ws just an example.

Thank you Trevor. Trying to explain God isn't easy. And I haven't even scratched the surface on the issue. There are thousands, let alone million, of books on the very issue.

Yes Carmal, you're quite accurate..But those who know of Him and making an attemp to follow His statutes is difficult enough. But He's knowable only through faith.

God is a woman, Lilycurly? In basic logic God is neither male or female. God took the masculine term because He was the Creator and head so people could understand His poisition as in man and woman. But allow me to make myself clear on this issue........man is not superior. Neither is woman. Man and woman are not complete until they become one. They complete one another and begain a chain of command in life. Man uses logic..woman uses enotion to complete one another. They look to one another for answers. But in todays society they refuse to look towards one another for answers..that's why there is so much divorce....it's called PRIDE. Not in each other but in self.

Marriage is to look towards one another and seek together to God. With God all things are possible.

PEACE

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I am made of the very stuff of eternity which has no beginning and no ending. I am in the center of the only universe I have ever known.

I have never known a single moment when I did not exist and I never shall.

The only universe I know exists completely within my own mind and is my own creation.

I am becoming what I will become.

JOIN ME in GODhood all ye brothers and sisters of eternity's stuff. (^_^)

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

You know I was jocking, right?

Anyway...I read somewhere (and I'd really like to find it right now) that God, in the Bible, in it's original langague, was refered to as IT...not HE, not SHE, God , if there is one, has no gender.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit