GOD, Who Is He and Why?

by RevFrank 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Sorry Gumby..I didn't mean to over look your comments. Just got carried away.

I don't believe that people don't look in the right direction for God..I feel that people get tired, and I sure did, but they listen to others and begain to accept these things. Look at all the religions of the world? And the more these religions told me that they were right, the more I studied.

Yes, as many good people do, we, at times, need to rely on others. Like parents we need to look towards them as we grow. That is if we have parents that know the right path. So when we become adults we need to look back and see how our lives have become. Of course I refuse to grow up. After all Christ told us that we must become like children. The problem with parents.....and many mean well...think that their children are there's to do as they wish. They forgotten the most important issue. God gave the parents children to guide and protect. The children are God's. And children are a gift from God.

PEACE

• kid-A
    kid-A

Frank,

I do respect your steadfast faith. I think its great that it works for you and you feel it improves your life. However, from my perspective, my life is vastly greater without believing in what I consider to be supernatural fantasies. The joy of my existence stems from the fact that I have the love of other human beings, real biological, warm blooded humans. I see no reason to look for love beyond the REAL love that my wife shows me, or my parents, or my friends. The concept of a deity, god, what have you, simply makes no logical sense to me....never has and never will. When I talk to religious people, I cant help but feel they are just "salesmen" trying to sell me a product I dont want, dont need and would never consider buying.

At the same time, I would never try to convince you to abandon belief in god because for you, that belief is working. We all exist in our separate realities, there is a god in your reality, but there is no god in my reality, and I think thats really where we need to leave things.

Cheers!

"Let be.....be, finale of seem, the only emperor is the emperor of ice cream" -Wallace Stevens

• poppers
    poppers

RevFrank said, "As for His personal name....I've studied, done research, and tried to discover His personal name for over 40 years. I've read Hebrew, Greek, Latan, Arabic, and all of the ancient languages and the nearest thing I could ever come up with was....."IAM."
    How about when it comes to your own existence? Can you not also assert "I AM"? The "knowing" that you exist is prior to the thought "I Am". So what does that make YOU?

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Howdy kid-A......Good thought on the issue. Religious people forget one thing...their religion....many people who have any religion know they think they have to promote their church or what ever they many call it. I rely on Christ. Anything less it's not important. That's my own profound opinion.

I plant the seed.....what ever you do with it, it's up to you. Have fun and PEACE.

As for popper....I really doubt about an existence before, "IAM." Man is funny. He always is worried about who came before him and who's going to be here after man. It's like Bill Clinton. He always was concerned about what took place before him. Now he's worried about his legacy...He doesn't have one.

There's nothing I could do before I came on the scene. I can't control what happens after I'm gone. But what I can control is what happens now.

Man can not nor will never fully understand, "IAM." Man has always tried to improve himself and many have tried to improve others for himself. Look at history. There's not one civilization today that's still standing that was started, even, a thousand years ago. Why? Man feels he can always do better. Man has tried every government that could be thought of. That is all, but one. God's controling government. Man fears God so much, he'll never try it. Why? It's called accountablity. And man will cruch anyone who believes other wise.

PEACE

• poppers
    poppers

"As for popper....I really doubt about an existence before, "IAM."
    I am not talking about existence before "I Am". Those are just words which point to a reality beyond words. What I am saying is that you, too, can say "I AM" because there is existence underlying your reality. No one can refute the "knowingness" that they exist; there is a direct "knowing" of one's existence, is there not? We use words only to convey some sort of understanding, but those words aren't the reality. So, with this in mind, couldn't you also state that YOUR true name is "I Am" as well? Are YOU any less worthy of that name than "god"?

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

As I explained to Terry.....there is no debate on faith. If you desire to put your faith in man..he'll, forever, always fail.

Now if you can come up with someone or something far better then faith in God, I'm all ears. After all when it comes to faith I'm biased here.

God promised us everything we hope for. All He asks of us is a few minutes of our time for Him and follow His statutes. And He shows us His glory in the simple things in lile. He takes the weak, the simple hearted, the poor in spirit and shows us the majesty and power of His authority. Let me give you an example......

Ever hear of a mental savant? Someone who is mentally incapable to care after him or herself, yet is a genius in one specific field..like music or math? No one really understands why these mentally retarded people can do this, but they do. They can copy some of the greatest music masters or can recall what they did a certain day on the very moment 20 or so years ago, but they can not communicate on just a nornal conversation.

These are a few examples of God showing His glory. Of course those who have no faith doubt. Unbelievers always ask where is it, or why is it? They can't see it.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

actually YHWH does not mean I AM, as a static existance, but I AM BECOMING, as a dynamic existor.

which all of us are....we are not static, we are always becoming.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Howdy Zin.....just wondering where you studied your ancient languages?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit