Still on the fence!

by acuragirl 51 Replies latest jw friends

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

I ordered the book .Finally ill get to see in a few days what is in this book,been hearing about it ever since my husband found this forum.Thanks blondie and others for the link,went to amazon.com they had it.In 3 -5 days i will see the "NEW LIGHT".

• Carmel
    Carmel

acura, did you ever consider that finding JWD was an answer to your entreaty?

carmel

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

Actually Caramel,no i havent.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

acuragirl, my heart goes out to you. Find people who will love you and not judge you for speaking aloud your fears, worries, whatever agitates you. Getting it out takes a big load off of your mind. Be patient, there's no rush to make concrete decisions. There is a lot of wisdom here on this board, use it. And remember to be cheerful about your freedom. I don't believe in a Jehovah but if there is a god he would want you to be honest with yourself I should hope, and if that means discontinuing your involvement with JWs, then morally you have every right to do just that. I hope it goes well for you, wherever you end up. :)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's amazing that every topic I read, I think 'I can totally relate to that'. The guilt and confusion. It's what we were trained to feel, you see. Do you think that's healthy? I don't, and don't think it's the product of a God who wants us to exercise our intelligence.

Be brave hon, and don't stop learning. I started by thoroughly rejecting the fear of learning that it might not be The Truth after all, knowing that my life depends on that answer, either way. If it isn't, and I stay in, it will still cost me my life, because all I will have achieved with my life is hanging with an organisation I only believe in because everybody I love does too.

• forsharry
    forsharry

excellent analogy Blondie!

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

AG: Do you want your own precious daughter to go through these feelings (see your previous post below)?? Thnk about it. YOU are on the Right track now to the Truth...happiness, contentment with your own family (hubby and daughter).

Re: Embarrased that you were a JW?
    Post 13 of 23
    since 17-Jul-05

Tell me about it i was wicked embarrased to go knocking on doors as a kid and teen out in service.I would make up every excuse in the world to get out of going to the doors.It never worked i always had to go,sometimes i would pretend to ring the bell(if the door had a bell) and i would walk away quick if no one came to the door after like 1 knock.LOL. The worst thing was when i went to a door and one of my schoolmates lived there,o god just kill me.I was so afraid to be the laughing stock of my school,me and my sisters.Luckily i wasnt.It was almost equally embarrasing to stand up at the flag salute and b the only one without your hand over your heart and everyone looking at you like,"Whats with her?"

• architect
    architect

How can we all be sure that Ray is right about what he wrote? sure all the evidence is there about them claming to be prophets and all

but there needs some how to be I think more CONCRETE proof that we were all part of THE LIE !

• jgnat
    jgnat

It seems to me it is far more important to have proof that they have the TRUTH. I don't hand over the reigns of my lifetime happiness to complete strangers, do I? Blind leaders are dangerous.

• defd
    defd

Actually Caramel,no i .havent Good. Because I seriously doubt it. People here, most here wont even UTTER Gods personal name, some dont even believe in him. D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit