Still on the fence!

by acuragirl 51 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    How can we all be sure that Ray is right about what he wrote?

I don't think we can be sure. He has some pretty impressive-looking documents in the book that strike me as genuine. He certainly was on the inside, that he was a GB member is not in question. And there are those that know him that can confirm some of what he said. But to be truly "sure"? I don't think it's possible.

On the other hand, though, I think his testimony needs to be viewed in the light of other things we do know about the Watchtower. We can confirm that they have intentionally misled their members. We can confirm that they intentionally mislead the public. We can confirm that their doctrines are not all bible-based.

Given those things we ARE sure about, I can at least believe most of what Ray wrote. And in the end, if it turned out to be nothing but lies, I would still reject the Watchtower based on everything else I know about them. (Whether I was Bible-believer or not.)

Dave

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi acuragirl,

I think that we have been where you are. I suggest just relax and give it time . Your mind will sort out where it wants to be. I could repeat all the reasons why I am convinced that J W's are just another of the worlds religions, but the answers have to be your own. Just give it time , there is no deadline .

Read all you can, on line and from the WT publications too, do the arguments stand up ? Check the sites that discuss critical reasoning as well . Then make sure that answer you arrive at is your own.

what it is like to be born in the org grow up in the org spend your teenage years and some of your adulthood in it,then find out that they might not be THE TRUTH! Let me say its earth shattering!

it is even more shattering to have lived to be 50, wasted three quarters of your life, and then find out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit