I'm not buying it! That people left the Witnesses and became Christians.

by free2beme 75 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

I threw away all my Jehovah’s Witness books and other religious books which lectured on the meaning of life and existence.

My passion became watching nature programmes on TV. Better still getting getting out and watching nature at work for real.

Reading this you may conclude that I am simple minded.

Truth is simple!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Gumby many times ya told me ((((((HUGS)))

• poppers
    poppers

Trevor said, "Better still getting getting out and watching nature at work for real.
    Reading this you may conclude that I am simple minded.
    Truth is simple!"

I agree wholeheartedly. It is the mind that wants to take that which is (the simplicity of wholeness) and mucking it up.

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

Lady Lee

Though i'm not part of any religion any more i'm in agreement with all that you've said.

MerryMagdalene

What's a christian mystic?

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi. My information is probably way out of date since it was given to me thirty two years ago by the psychologist I was seeing to help me recover from my dreadful experiences with the WTBTS and Jehovah's Witnesses. Such information could possible be found on Google. Perhaps the religion of choice for former Witnesses is now Scientology, though I doubt it.

Nate

• kid-A
    kid-A

The JWs were always right about 1 thing: RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET

(unfortunately they did'nt realize that included themselves as well)

• trevor
    trevor

Poppers

The longer I am on this site the less I have to say. Before long maybe there will be no words that can convey what I want to say - to the relief of many other posters.

You post some very meaningful posts, which go to the heart of what reality is.

Keep on popping!

• poppers
    poppers

trevor,
    Thanks. I know exactly what you're saying.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I use to be a Jehovah's Witness, and so I thought a Christian. When I realized that the two really were not compatible. I left one. I am still a Christian. I love Jesus. He loves me, no matter how many mistakes I've made. I go to a non-denominational church on occasion. I would probably go more often if my family went with me. I don't think there is an attendance sheet kept by Jesus. He knows what is in my heart.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    But for people to leave JW's and become full-on organization-Christians in denominations where most of the emphasis is on endless moralizing and on being saved from God's adverse judgement, yeah, you have to wonder....

A few years back, when I was still very much in, an elder was telling me about a family that left the org and was celebrating holidays and going to church. He said almost exactly what you said: "I can see people saying it's just too much responsibility, too much pressure, and they stop going to meetings. But how could they ever go back to false religion and all that holiday crap, when they KNOW it's not scriptural?"

At the time, that made sense to me and since I left the dubs, some of it still does. However, one reason I left is to be free to pursue my own path, wherever it leads. So we've gone to church a few times, celebrated a bunch of birthdays, and partially engaged in some of the Christmas and other holiday customs (there's no neon Santa's sleigh and reindeer display on my front lawn... yet).

I see nothing wrong with those traditonal customs, and lighting did not strike me dead when I walked into a church. In fact, every step of this journey has been a learning experience. Most of the learning has been to 'un-do" what the dubs taught me. What I've learned is that humans are basically good, and that church and holiday traditions mostly make them even more human.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit