I've been debating on whether or not to share this...but here goes

by findingmyway 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

"Tongue Lashing?" It's been years since I've heard that phrase. I hope nobody is going to give you what you expect. The point, to me, is simple: happy. Are you happy? How about your son? Physicists often judge the validity of a theory based upon how "beautiful" it is. That is, how simple, obvious, intuitive the theory comes across. Einstein's most dramatic, insightful, and consequential statements could be printed in a sentence no more than 3/4 of an inch long. For the rest of us, beauty, simplicity, intuitive, often becomes a single question: does it make you happy

If the elder's phrasing was a bit off, well, that happens; however, you were there and I wasn't. If it bothers you, that is indicative. If it bothered your son, that is even more important. I geuss this is all about you. Do you want absolution? Sorry, I am the antithesis of that. Looking for sympathy? Why? If you're right, f**k it, you're right. Looking for sympathy? Okay, been there done that. More than once Do I love my children more than Jehovah? You betcha. To quote the guy in the movie: "God will understand. If he doesn't, then it is alright, because then he is not God."

Or, you can do what I did and start out with the joke about the guy hearing voices.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    So no tongue lashing here from me either. Their actions, responses, and what was said, was wrong. Not just because of what was said and done, but the motivation behind it. It seems to me they did it, not to benifit him, but to hurt you.

There was probably no intent to hurt you at all. In fact there was most likely absolutely no thought of you whatsoever when he made the comment.

They want your child to feel like the congregation is his family, and that is the really insidious part.

• vitty
    vitty

We all have our own reason why we do what we do.

Im just relieved youve decided enough is enough and your not going again. Be strong !!!

• Es
    Es

Big hugs findingmyway that must have been devasting, how dare they.

es

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    He said it is obvious that someone spent time with him practicing his talk because he pronounced every word perfectly.............."It feels like he belongs to us".

I wonder if it would ever read like this

He said it is obvious that no one spent time with him practicing his talk..........."It feels like he belongs to us".
  • Spectre
    Spectre

My stomach just turned a little after reading that. What a slap in the face.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Ditto Jeffro's thoughts

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    "It feels like he belongs to us." And everyone joined together in applause again.

CULT!

• alw
    alw

Findingmyway - you have a right to be hurt - angry - upset!!!!! How dare they? Thinking of you and hugs - keep demonstrating how much you love your son and he'll see how unconditional it is - alw

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Nobody giving you a hard time here. Don't beat yourself up. The jw mentality forces us into so many awkward situations. We are normal people who understand the concepts of parity and fairness and meeting people half way. In the dub world though there is no compromise. That is why we always come out on the short end of the exchanges.

Just one thought though on your son. They are trying to weasel around you. They always do. They can be places you can't. They can say things about you behind your back to your son.

Never take him in a KH sure. But be sure to give your rationale.

Being a dub has nothing to do with status with the org or baptism. Being a dub simply means you believe it. Make sure he understands why he shouldn't believe it.

CYP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit