2006 Yeartext: Obey!

by Severus 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

...and because God guides the governing body and they are not "mere" men, obey them.

Yes, a timely and much-need reminder for the rank and file to obey the governing body.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Can't stomach the drivel, but if they really want to use that scripture, then they need to make an adjustment to their translation because they are not urging people to obey God rather than men, what they mean to say is Obey the men and forget God....

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Looks like the WTS are still desperately trying to keep hold of the control they have over their members...perhaps the District Convention didnt work as well as they thought?

Sickening...

DB74

• avengers
    avengers

"We must obey God the Governing Body as ruler rather than men." -Acts 5:29.

Well, they can go screw themselves!

damn family wreckers.

• luna2
    luna2

I skimmed it.

All must be in agreement. All must bow down and OBEY us. We are Jehoobah's mouthpiece. Blah de blah, blah, blah, obey, blah. Ignore your non dub parents, turn away from your non dub spouse, relative subjection crapola...obey. Pretend you give a sh*t about your non dub family by showing fake, disconnected JW love blah, blah, but deep inside all that matters is that you obey us. Stay close to your real family, Jah's happy, happy, joy, joy people, in resplendent obeidence forever and ever. Amen

Ugh. Creepy.

• blondie
    blondie
    Those words were spoken by Simon Peter and other apostles when before the Sanhedrin in Jerusalem. They were on trial for disobeying the authorities. The account is recorded in detail at Acts 5:12-32.
    How comforting to know that the Governing Body has our best interests at heart by selecting as the yeartext for 2006 Peter's courageous and resolute statement before the Sanhedrin!

And what authorities was Peter on trial for disobeying? Not the secular government but the religious authorities who claimed to be the only true representatives of God. I’m sure the Sanhedrin had Peter’s best interests at heart but they were not in line with the Scriptures. Peter was obligated to disobey them. So JWs who see that the WTS/FDS/GB are not following the scriptures are obligated to disobey them and continue obeying God.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I couldn't bring myself to begin reading it.......
    ditto

I'll third that! Just the same old, same old crap!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

If only they did what the text suggests. . .

• bennyk
    bennyk

Seems to me that the text is a sword that cuts both ways....

• kid-A
    kid-A

How comforting to know that the Governing Body has our best interests at heart

would someone please pass the barf-bag???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit