2006 Yeartext: Obey!

by Severus 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• twinflame
    twinflame

Wow, for a minute there while I skimmed through it, I felt like I was sitting alone at a table with bright lights shining in my eyes and water slowly dripping on my head. Make it stop, please!!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I couldn't bring myself to begin reading it

Same here

• LDH
  • Frog
    Frog

oh gosh now that's a reminder of long forgotten things, the ye ol yeartext. I remember as kids we used to speculate excitedly about what that yeartext would be for the year!! clearly we had very low excitement thresholds, how sad;) Thanks for that I will be sure to obey nobody now through all of next year frog x

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

"We must obey Beer as ruler rather than men." -Guinness 5:29.

• steve2
    steve2
    "We must obey Beer as ruler rather than men." -Guinness 5:29.

Now that's a god many have no trouble obeying. Hmmmmm. Reminds me of Flip Wilson's line: "The Devil made me do it."

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

That script in Acts was the year text one year back in the late 1960's,off to school with this command in mind to get the tar beaten outta me in the school yard for not saluting the flag.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, that article gives me chills. No, in these last days the persecution JW's suffer is not from being thrown in jail or to the lions or boiled in a headhunter's pot. The persecution JW's face today are:

1. a Christian youth with unbelieving parents or a
    2. Christian wife with an unbelieving husband.
    3. What about a single Christian man or woman seeking a marriage mate?
    4. Or brothers and sisters who must have daily contact with non-Witness coworkers?

...While not challenging his headship, neither the child nor the wife will compromise his or her faith. When it comes to attending Christian meetings, preaching the good news, avoiding unchristian customs and practices, and so on, each one "must obey God as ruler rather than men," remembering that Jehovah God is Head over all.-1 Cor. 11:3; Col. 3:23.

It's going to be an awful year for those of us with JW loved ones.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

It cracks me up that an orginization that has so many unscriptural rules and regulations are preaching to be obedient to scripture. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit