so what was the best "religious" movie ever made?

by nowisee 38 Replies latest jw friends

• YoTE
    YoTE

"Defending your Life" 1991, Albert Brooks. I don't know if it could be considered a "religious" movie, but it stuck with me, and still rings true today.

• avishai
    avishai
    Then Dreyer (Ordet or The Passion of St. Joan of Arc)

Excellent, excellent, beautiful film.

• Terry
    Terry

The original MATRIX was from start to finish a wonderful metaphor for religion and especially Jehovah's Witnesses.

The "reality" you think is there isn't and the actual reality is dismal by comparison. Yet, the only choice is to be actually free or to be comfortable being used while in a hallucinogenic slumber.

T.

• nowisee
    nowisee

thx all for answering.

thinking back, i thought "cocoon" was a pretty spiritual movie. i had just had a death in my family and when i saw it i thought that's how things should be.

i am embarrassed. i like to think that i know movies pretty well, but i never heard of "the life of brian". can someone fill me in? when was it out? who was in it?

• mrsjones5
  • RevFrank
    RevFrank

A religious movie? How about, "Moses Law," with Burt Lancaster? It opened about the same time, "The 10 Commandments," came out.

Moses Law, was basically the same as the Ten Commandments and Burt Lancaster as Moses followed the Bible more accuratly, then, "The 10 Commandments."

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The 10 Commandments.

DY

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Definitely Ben Hur

saw it several times...

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

1. THE PASSION

2. THE ISLAND

3. THE LITTLE MERMAID (trust me there is a lot of deep stuff that Ariel is talking about)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit