CHEATING ON FIELD SERVICE

by chuckyy 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I used to pad out my hours as much as possible. Lets just say I was economical with the actual time i spent on the doors. One pioneer who i know is no longer a JW showed me how to rip thru territory as fast as possible. Firstly knock once and as quickly and as lightly as possible. Give the householder maybe 20-30 seconds to answer the door then move to the next one. If someone does answer, say you want to talk to them about the bible, they soon shut the door pretty quickly i most cases.

My favourite tip was to find somewhere where no one was home and just stand on the door step for as long as possible.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

When you go to pioneer school, does't the teacher "give" you 10 hours so you won't get behind? That's what I heard. I've never been "good enough" to have gone to pioneer school, so I don't know.

And yes, I beefed up my slip many times. Until the last few years when I was getting real sick of it all. Then I just quit turning in slips all together. I have to admit, I did like those Tim Horton Days when I HAD to go.

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

I cheated on my service but in the opposite direction. I would put 10 hours down when I really did much more than that. I started doing this when I was told that I couldn't possibly have done that many hours of field service because I worked too much. What the JW's didn't consider is that I would witness to people on the public bus which my commute would take me hours every day. Plus I also would witness to my customers, I was a cashier, while I checked them out and to my co workers. I also witnessed to my Joel constantly. I would witness to my friends and my Mom.
    I kept track of my time in minutes. I have OCD which means that I had to keep accurate accounts of my time.
    It hurt me deeply when I wasn't believed about my field service time. It was at this point I stopped caring about turning in my time and eventually stopped doing it unless the bro in charge asked me for it. Then I would just jot down 5 hours or whatever. I still kept witnessing because I love God very much but for me it was just one more reason to be unhappy with the organization.
    If anyone else here was doubted about the time they really did in service and was told this to their face I hope they speak up.

• Krisiva10
    Krisiva10

I don't know if this is considered cheating but my buddy and I would change our names at the door. We would say, "Hello, my name is Penelope and this is my friend Conchita." I would also just flat out add hours onto my slip. Ohh I think I did around 8 hours...4 mags looks good..10 tracts...I hated going out in service.

• defd
    defd

I would NEVER put my self through that. If I didnt believe id be done with it, not live a double life. That makes Jehovah sad.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    I would NEVER put my self through that. If I didnt believe id be done with it, not live a double life. That makes Jehovah sad.

But you are already living a double life. You post here regularly against the WT wishes. Doesn't that make Jehovah sad?

As far as the topic goes, I would cheat all the time. I would always add 3 to 4 hours when turning in my time. I had to keep the 10 hour minimum if I wanted to stay being a MS. Looking back I'm pretty sure almost everyone lied about their time.

• defd
    defd

But you are already living a double life. You post here regularly against the WT wishes. Doesn't that make Jehovah sad?

No It doesnt make Jehovah sad. He knows the heart and intentions. He sees what the heart is. We as witness need to be more about the SPIRIT of the Law not just the LETTER of it. That was the problem of many in the days of jesus and the problem has not gone away.

As far as the topic goes, I would cheat all the time. I would always add 3 to 4 hours when turning in my time. I had to keep the 10 hour minimum if I wanted to stay being a MS. Looking back I'm pretty sure almost everyone lied about their time.

Not everyone.

D.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    No It doesnt make Jehovah sad. He knows the heart and intentions. He sees what the heart is. We as witness need to be more about the SPIRIT of the Law not just the LETTER of it. That was the problem of many in the days of jesus and the problem has not gone away.

Obviously you don't follow the WT order of not going to apostate websites. Therefore you make Jehovah sad according to the WT. If you think otherwise than you are not following directions like a good dub should.

As far as padding or lying for the monthly time report, everyone I knew did it. I remember pioneers waking up at 5 am and working on the street corners. They would do that for about 45 minutes then go to a coffee shop and wait until the time for the service meeting in the morning, which would be around 9 am. at the end of the day they would put down on their time sheets that they went in service for 4 hours when in reality it should've been 45 minutes. The rest of the time was spent drinking coffee and eating donuts while talking to each other. Doesn't anybody else see the whole preaching in the corners at 5 am dumb? I mean there's nobody around at that time in the corners and all you had to do was just stand in one corner while holding the magazine so that people see them. But like defd my intentions were also good.

• defd
    defd

I dont doubt what you are saying at all. It doesnt make it RIGHT though.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

defd,

We as witness need to be more about the SPIRIT of the Law not just the LETTER of it

You are definitely my favorite Witness. Now if you could just convince the old men in Brooklyn....

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit