What was your average...

by chrissee 13 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissee
    chrissee

amount of money you put into the contribution boxes at the KH??

I was just thinking about that. I rarely gave anything, a couple dollars for the kids to put in. But no set amounts. I didn't put alot in because I didn't work and my 'non-JW' husband was the only one with an income. And I didn't think it was fair to put his hard-earned money into the KH funds, when we were struggling to pay our own rent.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

A big fat ZERO. My mother used to give me money to put into the box AFTER my husband and I got married. I never understood that...

• damselfly
    damselfly

When I was a kid we had a big wooden "watchtower" donation box, (picture a child's dollhouse) all painted up. The kids all loved to put money in it, then they got rid of it. I don't believe I donated after that. It just wasn't fun any more.

Dams

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

My parents gave around $100/month. I mean, when your parents tell you things like "we can't afford to buy you a (enter cool thing here)" and I look at the regular contributions to the WT, I figured out what was more important to them.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Little or nothing- maybe $5 here and there, and never because I wanted to, I only did it because I felt "obligated"

• freedom96
    freedom96

Don't think it would add up to even $10 total ever. Probably much less.

• Purza
    Purza

Not very much as I was a single mother trying to make ends meet. Sometimes the guilt would get to me, but I still never put much in. $5 here and there -- never really consistent.

Purza

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How strange that all of us that put little in, are out.....maybe the rest stay in trying to get their money's worth...

lisa<----of in the little to none class.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My stepdad would usually write a $100.00 check and let one of my little sisters or brother "drop" it in the box-- after letting them make a BIG production about it.

shelley

• Jordan
    Jordan

When I was about ten or eleven I used to put half my pocket money in each week. I'm really pissed now, because I could've done so much more with that money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit