What was your average...

by chrissee 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I contributed $100.00 a month for seven years. Every convention saw at least a $50 go in, and if they were "short" on Sunday I dropped in more (I know, what a sap). Then I found out what was really going on that made them "short" EVERY Sunday of EVERY Convention/Assembly. There was a contribution earmarked on every Saturday that very few knew about that was not disclosed as a separate line item in the financial report given on Sunday. That undisclosed contribution was always of a sufficient amount to allow a negative balance on Sunday.

It is disgusting. I stopped contributing altogether. My wife and I do not financially support the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in any way, and will not do so ever again.

AuldSoul

• Mary
    Mary

I put in a 5 cent Canadian Tire coupon at the last assembly I went to a couple of years ago. I hope they spent it wisely.

• Jordan
    Jordan

What really gets on my nerves is people like my nan and granddad, who have been wronged so many times by the society, but still faithfully plod along, and still give so much each month, even though they're on the breadline themselves, they'd rather go without and contribute to the bOrg. We read in the paper, practically every day about con artists forcing money out of helpless pensioners on their doorstep, the WTBTS is no different, the only difference is they're conning old people out of money in the name of god.

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

We were always reminded of it but the box never left the back wall and it was never brought around collection plate style. We wold but in maybe $5 each week but it wasn't obviously enough because I remember one of the reasons my dad was demoted? from being a Ministerial Servant was for beinh "too materialistic" and concentrating on his business too much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit