Greetings

by Severus 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome, Severus, from another Harry Potter fan.

Cellist

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

I think that you just might be 91. I am not familiar with Inferi; however, if it is a derrivative of Inferiae, it makes an interesting statement. I have been informed (by folks younger than myself) that Inferi is something from Harry Potter. Please tell me what an Inferi is?

Your direction of implosion was somewhat different than mine, as I tend to see the implosion occurring much like the decline of Joesph McCarthy, whose power source was based upon fear. It wasn't a groundless fear, and the subject of the fear was one that was, indeed, of a most serious nature, not to be taken lightly. But, as events played out, the accuracy and ready acceptance of McCarthy's warnings bred a sense of indestructability in him, which was quickly transformed into pride and a lust for power. And in the end, what his humaness drove him to become and what his hubris demanded, turned him into something far worse than the worst fear he originally engendered. But so it went with Julius Caesar, Macbeth, Richard Nixon, and all sorts of men, and groups of men, throughout history. Maybe even Satan?

Be forewarned that your cloak is wishful thinking. I suspect that the insight and concern in your words did not come from a personality that is easily hidden, nor one that will sit mute amid the donkeys just because it might be a little chilly outside. Be careful, you may soon become a thumb. A very sore thumb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit