Greetings

by Severus 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Severus
    Severus

Hello all. Just a brief introduction to get me started. I am still one of Jehovah's Witnesses although delicately extricating myself from this complicated situation. I have family to be concerned about, and this still binds me to the religion like a fragile cobweb.

I wonder that the JW paranoia of Harry Potter was what initially piqued my interest? I enjoy the Harry Potter stories and relate to my avatar. My predicament lead me to discover how dark and manipulative the entire culture of the "Society" is; evil always wears a mask. The only way to survive this cognitive war is to don the mask myself. It is so easy to be accepted by the "brothers" by turning their ploy against them. Basic Occlumency I suppose.

I have read this forum with interest for many years. My purpose in registering was to give back something, perhaps a different perspective or information from inside this cult as it slowly implodes. In this way, my participation is motivated by appreciation for all of your contributions. This forum is vigourously alive and constantly wrestling with itself to discover the truth. What beautiful irony.

Severus

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome! Oh and, Harry Potter is demunz! LOL

We're glad to have you.

AuldSoul

• Ellie
    Ellie

Hi Severus, welcome to the forum.

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((Welcome to the board))))

I love Harry Potter!

Hosted by Tinypic.com
  • poppers
    poppers

Welcome Severus. Already from your first post it is clear that you have a way with words that all here at JWD will enjoy, and no doubt, benefit from.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome, Severus. Looking forward to your participation

~Merry

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Severus!

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board

looking forward to hearing more from you

es

• Jordan
    Jordan

Welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading alot of the posts members make here, I know I have done...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Severus. I love variety. And I have a feeling you will spice up the board with your own flavour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit